• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Went to the mall the other day to try on some casual fall jackets.

This may be heresy among SFers, but

gp774271-00p01v01.jpg

fit better and felt better constructed than

images_onFigure_22_22993_22993_GR6408_m_tif_7c200b4206481863.jpg

Vampire weekend

Reaction score
I think the top one is actually gap's Utility jacket, so you're right ^

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
rolled up pant legs. why do they insist on doing this for everything?

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
It's a Gap utility jacket. I'm 5'9" 155. Tried on a small and it fit very well. Slim, but with enough movement in the shoulders. The twill felt really good for Gap as did the pockets, zippers, hood, etc.

I had to go medium in the JCrew to get shoulder movement. The body was too billowy. Besides, the jacket looked like it had been dragged behind a car. Way too "broken in" for my taste.

Still waiting on the oilcloth Millerain jacket in carob to hit stores. Clerk said they expect more f/w styles to arrive on the 18th.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
ffffuuuu.gif
rolled up pant legs. why do they insist on doing this for everything?

because they dont have 30" inseams in the slimmer waist sizes, maybe. I talked to one of the sales associates the other day, this dude was over 6 feet tall and built like the catalog models, and he was complaining that the 32" inseam on 28-29 sz waists for the pants was too long for him, so he had to roll them up.

the_state

Reaction score
It's not even Labor Day yet. This stuff will all roll out in the coming weeks.

I'll be first in line for the uni-strip flap pocket oxford. J Crew really needs to step up their collar game - I'm getting sick of these tiny collars! Gimme some roll!

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fueledbynewjersey
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...8223/28223.jsp
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...9589/19589.jsp

Bought those and one of their "cotton heathered shirting" that doesn't appear to be online. I can say that there shirting this season has definitely slimmed down. I wear a small and the shirts from this season seem to be slimmer in the torso, taper a little bit, and the arm holes seem a little more snug and higher. All in all fit me a lot better. The fatigue jacket is nice and thick and with a draw string waist on the inside if you want to slim it down more.

I disagree- I dropped by a store yesterday and the shirts were as ill-fitting as always (at least in size small), though maybe the arm holes were slightly smaller.

However, they do seem to have slimmed up some of the sport coats- I tried on the ludlow cord sportcoat in a small and it fit much better than the one they put out last fall. Especially slimmer in the sleeves (much shorter sleeves too, which was odd). It was still a bit big on me (I'm a 36), but proportionately, so I'd wager it'd fit someone that's a 38 great, or someone that's a 36 but wants to wear it with multiple layers

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick question..i just bought a XS in the sunbleached sweatshirt..i was wondering how they fit..it says on the sizing the measurements..but i didn't know if it ran large etc..i have tried on jcrew stuff before and it was kind of big...my chest measures around 37-38 waist is 30, but i do like a slimmer fit. What do you guys think, should i have went with the small?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads