J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

Can anyone explain to me why J Crew's Khaki looks green under certain lights?

They're made with concentrated evil.

2. steve2318

steve2318 Senior member

I tried on the oilcloth jacket in the store last night...I am 6'1" and 190 lbs, athletic build and the small was a bit too tight in the shoulder especially with multiple layers...However, I thought the medium was a tad billowy around the midsection but it would probably be good with layering in the cold weather. Just wanted to provide another point of view on sizing since I am a bit bigger then the other people that posted. I think alot of J crew stuff is just personal preference on how you like your clothes to fit.

3. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

That's crazy, you're 6'1" and trying on a small?

I am 6'2", 200 and the oilcloth large fits me great. It has some extra room in it for a sweater but overall I love it. A jacket isn't supposed to fit you like a tailored suit.

4. Ippo

Ippo Senior member

I tried on the oilcloth jacket in the store last night...I am 6'1" and 190 lbs, athletic build and the small was a bit too tight in the shoulder especially with multiple layers...However, I thought the medium was a tad billowy around the midsection but it would probably be good with layering in the cold weather. Just wanted to provide another point of view on sizing since I am a bit bigger then the other people that posted. I think alot of J crew stuff is just personal preference on how you like your clothes to fit.

That's crazy, you're 6'1" and trying on a small?

I am 6'2", 200 and the oilcloth large fits me great. It has some extra room in it for a sweater but overall I love it. A jacket isn't supposed to fit you like a tailored suit.

Thanks for the additional inputs. I will probably give it a try and purchase it, and return it if it doesn't fit me well.

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

6'1" 190 and you're trying to wear a small? I hope you die.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    6'1" 190 and you're trying to wear a small?

I hope you die.

[​IMG]

7. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

FWIW, I'm 6'2", 170ish, and a J. Crew small fits me ok, if not a little baggy around the waist. Their stuff is usually pretty generously cut.

8. mhpragematter

mhpragematter Well-Known Member

6'2" 195 and a medium from here can be a good fit but in some cuts its not long enough...and all my heights from my waist down. You guys must have crazy long legs and tiny torsos

9. jay3429

jay3429 Senior member

6'1" 190 and you're trying to wear a small?

I hope you die.

+1. Get real fat-ass.

10. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I am 6'1" and 185lbs and I wear a small in their button downs, 38's in their suits and small/medium in their outerwear.

11. Guus

Guus Senior member

I was browsing through the Oct. 2009 catalog and I hope JC brings back of those shirt patterns and colors.

12. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    FWIW, I'm 6'2", 170ish, and a J. Crew small fits me ok, if not a little baggy around the waist. Their stuff is usually pretty generously cut.
    Wow, i'm 6'6" and the lowest my weight has ever been was just under 190. Maybe I have more muscle mass then you, but a tailored fit Large-Tall from J.Crew fit me nicely enough. I can't imagine trying to squeeze into a small.

14. BlueWord

BlueWord Well-Known Member

Yeah, this makes sense. I'm 6'1, and hover around 140-145 lbs, and a J. Crew small has been (historically - someone mentioned they slimmed them down this season?) very big on me. An X-Small fits better, but is too short in the arms and trunk.

15. nycfan

nycfan Active Member

i'm like 6-1 and 175, the medium button down from jcrew is too short in the arms and tight in the shoulders. i can't imagine how someone 6-2 180+ can even fit in anything smaller than a medium.