1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. tooley

tooley Well-Known Member

Is the 30% off going on in store right now?

Yep, and they just let me stack it with the discounted price, so $150.90 with tax out the door earlier today for a medium charcoal with thinsulate. The SA mentioned that the deal was over, but got the manager to override when I showed him the website on my phone, which states that the 30% is valid in store until 1/2/11. Awesome coat!

2. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

Yep, and they just let me stack it with the discounted price, so $150.90 with tax out the door earlier today for a medium charcoal with thinsulate. The SA mentioned that the deal was over, but got the manager to override when I showed him the website on my phone, which states that the 30% is valid in store until 1/2/11. Awesome coat!

hmm the University Coat wasn't on sale at my local J Crews they didn't have my size either so I just went and bought an express one I saw, I love it. I'll post pics later. Where on the website does it show the 30% off I just see the final sale deals

3. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Anyone have the Mayfair wool herringbone topcoat? How is it? I have been trying to find an overcoat for a while and am considering it.

About to buy one. We just got one in on return. Medium. Fit is amazing compared to the regular wool/cashmere one.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

5. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

6. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

Anyone have the Mayfair wool herringbone topcoat? How is it? I have been trying to find an overcoat for a while and am considering it.

I just ordered the Mayfair wool herringbone topcoat from final sale in XS with Thinsulate. After 30% off, it was about $250. I really hope it fits as I've been looking awhile too.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Anybody?
    You guys will LOVE this shit: So I happened to be in a completely different mall today and stopped by the JCrew looking for the jacket. They had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I say "lets try calling the other store" and, sure enough, the person who picks up the phone has no idea what I'm talking about. The store guy puts me on the red phone. They have no idea what I'm talking about. After about 20 minutes of this crap I'm starting to become annoyed so I say to the guy working the mens counter "look, just give me the number to the other store and I'll call them myself." I bust out my cell, make the call, and ask for a manager. After describing it and waiting on hold for 5 minutes, she comes back and says she can't find it and it must be sold it. I describe the exact position it was in and exactly what it looks like and she goes "oh wait! I know what you're talking about. That was a mistake. That is actually a women's jacket. A store rep looked at it in the box and mistakenly took it for a mens jacket. We moved it back to the womens section the next day. I'm so sorry." Sure enough, I walk my happy ass across the JCrew store I'm standing, and there it is, sitting on the front table directly in front of the womens department entrance. [​IMG]

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

fucking links:

Brushed twill utility shirt and Chamois utility shirt

9. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

additional 40% off in store final sales. Picked up the puffer vest and shawl marled cardigan. Both are size XS. Fit pretty well. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

11. cez

cez Senior member

shawl looks pretty dope. might want to cop. can ask about your measurements?

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Props to Mellow for actually finding anything worthwhile - both my local Jcrews are well picked over.

13. seany

seany Senior member

Just copped The Woodland Jacket in extra small for 124 bucks at the Madison Ave store ! Whatta' steal. Orginal price was $278.[​IMG]

edit: the jacket is amazing btw. A Barbour rip off, but a very well made one. Its like last yrs sold out Fireman Jacket + Barbour. Fits very well (if sized down one)

14. RyanAnderson

RyanAnderson Senior member

Anyone had sizing issues with j crew's pants recently? I got two pairs for xmas in 29x32 and the waist measured 31 inches. Not cool

15. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Got a sunfaded flannel today for $15. Last week I got a sunfaded plaid and the blue tartan they had, plus a knit cardigan. I'm really happy with everything, especially for the prices I paid.

My jcrew still had a bunch of stuff left (they had the green fair isle in L) but they started bringing it into the stockroom while I was there [​IMG]

16. bombers

bombers Senior member

additional 40% off in store final sales. Picked up the puffer vest and shawl marled cardigan. Both are size XS. Fit pretty well.

[​IMG]

So nice. If anyone can proxy a medium please let me know!

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

My shawl marled cardigan looks less charcoal grey and more light grey. Think its the pic or could it be a different model?

18. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Belstaff cotton roadmasters are up in the sale section.

19. the_state

the_state Senior member

Continued to be impressed by the NYC Men's stores curating. Lots of Crockett & Jones and Fjallraven popping up.

20. grooveholmes

grooveholmes Senior member

A store rep looked at it in the box and mistakenly took it for a mens jacket. We moved it back to the womens section the next day. I'm so sorry." Sure enough, I walk my happy ass across the JCrew store I'm standing, and there it is, sitting on the front table directly in front of the womens department entrance. [​IMG]

Brilliant.