1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. booger

booger Senior member

you guys do realize this is a repro and that is how they are supposed to fit, right? Probably should've done a little research before jumping that gun, hombres.

2. Django

Django Senior member

To be fair, when I picture "repro cut sweatshirt" I don't think of something that would run small. Still, it is MIJ so that should have set some alerts off. Pretty weird they didn't get anything other than smedium though.

3. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

you guys do realize this is a repro and that is how they are supposed to fit, right? Probably should've done a little research before jumping that gun, hombres.

Sorry, I don't read Japanese. Info on these sweatshirts was a little hard to come by... I looked.

4. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

To be fair, when I picture "repro cut sweatshirt" I don't think of something that would run small. Still, it is MIJ so that should have set some alerts off. Pretty weird they didn't get anything other than smedium though.

Here's a small excerpt from Jcrew's description

Sweatshirts of this era fit exactly how buyers have described it in this thread. It's gonna be shorter and slimmer than today's version. It's a reproduction so Warehouse pretty much got it right. Also, it's J. Crew carrying Warehouse. I don't believe that had any type of collaboration on the sweatshirt. That might be why only medium was available.

5. mhpragematter

mhpragematter Well-Known Member

6. Guus

Guus Senior member

Anyone get the latest J. Crew catalog that can tell me what colors pants the guy on page 108 is wearing? I can't figure out if its British Khaki or Dark Stone, or maybe even regular Khaki and the catalog doesn't seem to say...
    Looks like BK to me. J.Crew have got to better their lighting or stop manufacturing ugly colors on their cloths.

7. pokpok

pokpok Senior member

Yes, another WTF here on the fit of the Warehouse sweatshirt. I haven't made up my mind yet if I'll keep it. I have an athletic build and the seams on the shoulders pull past my shoulder line and the arms are still almost too short. Quality is awesome though. Very slim... might even be uncomfortable to wear any other shirt underneath.

I almost want to try stretching it out to my desired size for that 'lived in' look.

I'll wait until I can get home from work and try it with some jeans before I make up my mind.

this is the reason why i never bought a vintage repro sweatshirt from japanese brands because of how they fit even though i love the quality and construction of them.

i went with the jcrew vintage fleece sweatshirt and it fits the way i want, while still being slim for a sweatshirt.

8. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

medium tall zomg!!!1

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...dium/29549.jsp

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I waited 3 years for J Crew to bring back the medium tall.
    I switched to Modern Tailor and will not go back. For the price of a J Crew RTW shirt I can make a mtm shirt with the same fabric.

9. Guus

Guus Senior member

The B&R have some more flannels. Much nicer looking one's than the websites'.

10. mhpragematter

mhpragematter Well-Known Member

The B&R have some more flannels. Much nicer looking one's than the websites'.

Yea I just bought the brown/yellow one. Style number pulls up nothing online. A bunch of the ones that came in today were like that.

11. Crazy

Crazy Well-Known Member

I have the regular marled fleece crewneck and can attest to its quality. It looks much nicer in person than it does on the website (bigger loops, better ribbing) and fits quite well too - I'm 6'0" and don't find it short at all. If anyone isn't looking forward to being on a waiting list for the Warehouse version/wants to save $100, then the regular J. Crew version this season is a very good option.

12. pokpok

pokpok Senior member

I have the regular marled fleece crewneck and can attest to its quality. It looks much nicer in person than it does on the website (bigger loops, better ribbing) and fits quite well too - I'm 6'0" and don't find it short at all. If anyone isn't looking forward to being on a waiting list for the Warehouse version/wants to save $100, then the regular J. Crew version this season is a very good option.

just saw those at the store today...theyre awesome, thicker and softer than the s/s sweatshirt that i have.

had a lot of new button ups that arent online and the flannels look smaller/slimmer in general..[​IMG]

13. Guus

Guus Senior member

just saw those at the store today...theyre awesome, thicker and softer than the s/s sweatshirt that i have.

had a lot of new button ups that arent online and the flannels look smaller/slimmer in general..[​IMG]

I noticed the flannels looking s/s, too. Looks like they're finally realizing what the consumer has noticed for a long time now.

14. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

I've worn my Warehouse sweatshirt a few times and it's starting to break in and fit really well.

15. freewilliee

freewilliee Senior member

16. Robert

Robert Senior member

This part of summer is actually a good time just to stay out of the Crew stores for a while. Things don't get interesting again for another coupla months. Spend your money on beer and women for a while instead.

17. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

This part of summer is actually a good time just to stay out of the Crew stores for a while. Things don't get interesting again for another coupla months. Spend your money on beer and women for a while instead.

Well, in about 2 months they will start previewing S/S 2011 items.

18. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

okay .... i am getting desperate... if anyone has a 20% coupon they are not using.... i will paypal them $5 for it!

19. spenser

spenser Active Member

Hey Boston people -- I was in the Copley store on Saturday and saw they're opening a Men's Store across the way. Still under construction but it's opening later this month, I guess. Found this article but WWD is subscription only:

http://www.wwd.com/menswear-news/j-c...boston-3103801

20. Souper

Souper Senior member

Anyone have pants in "Urban Slim"?

Might blind order a pair of these in british khaki. fit pics?