1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Oct 24, 2008.

1. LDawg

LDawg Active Member

Does anybody have the Officer's Topcoat? If so, can you chime in on quality and fit? Thanks in advance!

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

If someone can find me either of these in size small, I would be so grateful: L-R: Secret wash Cedar tartan, Featherweight flannel Winston tartan. [​IMG][​IMG]

3. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

The Cedar tartan should be very easy to find; the Winston tartan I've been bonking myself over the head for not picking this up when I could've. If someone else finds a small of that, I will give you an internet medal.

4. willy cheesesteak

I've found both searching through all the NYC stores but never in size small =(

5. djh

djh Senior member

^Yeah, I've got the cedar in M. I've bought like 5 J.Crew featherwieght flannels recently, I love them and want to get more but don't think I need THAT many plaid shirts....

6. Bluedog

Bluedog Member

Anyone seen this shirt in stores in a size L?

[​IMG]

Or how about an alternative dark green buffalo plaid shirt?

7. djh

djh Senior member

L's are usually pretty easy to find...

8. Martin1980swe

Martin1980swe Member

Hello!
    Could someone help me to buy a Feather Weight flannel Winston Tartan in medium and send to Sweden. I can pay extra!
    Thanks / Martin

9. Talous

Talous Member

Anyone seen this shirt in stores in a size L?

snip

Or how about an alternative dark green buffalo plaid shirt?

http://www.cranes-country-store.com/...cat=265&page=1

I own this one, which is sort of similar. I would guess it's a little larger/thicker than that J.Crew one though.

10. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

11. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

did anyone ever try on this item? looks pretty cool
    http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...8242/11294.jsp

I just received it last week in indigo. It's pretty awesome. The size small fits me perfect. I've had much better luck with J Crew's "chunky" sweaters than their other items.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

13. Charlatan

Charlatan Senior member

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Someone asked a while back about how the lambswool sweaters hold up. I've worn mine several times, and they've been fantastic- no pilling, stretching, etc. Super warm and lightweight. [​IMG]

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

I like mine too.

16. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

Someone asked a while back about how the lambswool sweaters hold up. I've worn mine several times, and they've been fantastic- no pilling, stretching, etc. Super warm and lightweight.

I have the lambswool crewneck sweater from this past F/W in four different colors and they are fantastic. I wear them often.

However, I have a lambswool shawl collar varsity sweater, also from this past season and the bottom of it has really lost its shape and ballooned out.

Very strange.

17. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

I wanted to get the Millerain field jacket. What's the best way to get discounts? Reading in this thread, some have got it for around $100 (half price) during the before Christmas sales. Will that kind of deal ever come around again? Are the deals better in stores (I live in Canada so I'm out of luck if that's the case)? Is there anybody here that works for J Crew that could help me out with a sweet discount? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

18. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Don't mean to hijack this thread but if anybody can help in J Crew related items, it's the folks reading here. Does anybody have this Featherweight Flannel in Curragh Tartan from the fall/winter 08 season in size M or know of a store where they might be able to get it for me? I'm looking for it in Medium (new or used). Thanks

[​IMG]

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_p...sLAyD6lf5d12oQ

19. willy cheesesteak

I have that in small, love it.

20. djh

djh Senior member

Yeah, I have it in M.. sent you a PM but I most likely won't sell it :p