• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
No, but my argument is that since they offer free shipping to online shoppers, they should also offer reimbursement of gas mileage for in-store shoppers. Seems only fair.

I also don't like that J. Crew offers only student and teacher discounts. Like students need discounts? They get all that student loan money and stuff! And what about the rest of us who don't make much better than teachers' salaries and who also work in equally noble professions? What about those of us who make less than what teachers make?

Yeah we do
frown.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Yeah we do
frown.gif

What about all that loan money and stuff? Don't tell me you blew it all on books and tuition?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duh. Otherwise dudes wouldn't have to take out loans.

Why do you think most college kids live off ramen.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Duh. Otherwise dudes wouldn't have to take out loans.

To feed their denimz habits?
laugh.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak

So they can afford to buy expensive drugs and have a lot of beer money? Oh, yeah, and what tonio said.

shadrach

Reaction score
maybe to pay for our private school 50-55 grand tuition per year?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OMG what a waste of money.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
OMG what a waste of money.

Education? Or Private university tuition?

I don't understand why more American students don't come up to Canada. Even at "international" rates you're still paying maybe C$14k a year, and for some bizarre reason everyone has heard of McGill in the States, if not U of T & UBC, all commonly in the top 50 of those "world's best universities" lists.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New policy for Jcrew should be:

If we've misled you into believing that you purchased something only to find out X days later that you're not getting it, we'll either promise it to you in the future at that price or provide you with any similarly categorized item of your choice for the same price in the same size.

Tom R

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
ffffuuuu.gif

Does any online retailer as large as J Crew adopt that kind of policy? It would seem impossible to implement.

Also, way to completely lose your **** over an inventory mistake.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gin8u

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrenkin
Education? Or Private university tuition?

I don't understand why more American students don't come up to Canada. Even at "international" rates you're still paying maybe C$14k a year, and for some bizarre reason everyone has heard of McGill in the States, if not U of T & UBC, all commonly in the top 50 of those "world's best universities" lists.

are u from montreal as well?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but my argument is that since they offer free shipping to online shoppers, they should also offer reimbursement of gas mileage for in-store shoppers. Seems only fair. I also don't like that J. Crew offers only student and teacher discounts. Like students need discounts? They get all that student loan money and stuff! And what about the rest of us who don't make much better than teachers' salaries and who also work in equally noble professions? What about those of us who make less than what teachers make?
Nobody cares what your argument is, Robert. Nobody cares.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tom R
Also, way to completely lose your **** over an inventory mistake.

Funny you should say, because I had a word with jcrew and everything worked itself out nicely. **** smells good on this side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads