• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Ordered these two things yesterday:

images_onFigure_18_18276_18276_WW9925_d2_tif_99c10b8d434218ae.jpg
images_eiec_17_17990_17990_KN2658_tif_9fcc0b9c4f9218bd.jpg

Nice, I just ordered the flannel shirt as well. However mine won't ship until 9/8
frown.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Damn, you guys. After seeing all this stuff you're posting, I think I have to hit up the store again real soon. I think I need that crewneck pullover and the flannel shirt.

Reaction score
i know it has been talked to death already but the fit of the fatigue jacket is so on-point
i was vacillating btw a vietnam so-sew m-65 and the jah cru joint and i am glad i chose the latter
i was afeared of the detachable collar (usually detest them as they seem to snap off a million times in the course of a day, especially if you use messenger or shoulder bags [as i do]) but this one actually buttons-through, not snap-buttons. really, i don't think i will ever use the hood but you never know...
not normally a fan of distressed washes but this one is done well
what puts me off with the w+h mk2, for example, is that it looks so new (and the price is a dealbreaker)
the made in china on the tag kills my buzz but if you can read this you are standing too close to me du

wish summer would end already

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Damn, you guys. After seeing all this stuff you're posting, I think I have to hit up the store again real soon. I think I need that crewneck pullover and the flannel shirt.

That crewneck is indeed sweet. Looked for it yesterday at the 5th Ave store in NYC but no luck. Maybe I'll try the Men's shop today on b-way.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i know it has been talked to death already but the fit of the fatigue jacket is so on-point
i was vacillating btw a vietnam so-sew m-65 and the jah cru joint and i am glad i chose the latter
i was afeared of the detachable collar (usually detest them as they seem to snap off a million times in the course of a day, especially if you use messenger or shoulder bags [as i do]) but this one actually buttons-through, not snap-buttons. really, i don't think i will ever use the hood but you never know...
not normally a fan of distressed washes but this one is done well
what puts me off with the w+h mk2, for example, is that it looks so new (and the price is a dealbreaker)
the made in china on the tag kills my buzz but if you can read this you are standing too close to me du

wish summer would end already

Yeah, I haven't worn mine yet, still too warm, but I'm wondering what to do with the hood. I like the look of the jacket without the hood, so I detached it and put it folded into one of the lower pockets, but that makes the coat bulge there. Or maybe I just need to stash it away in a drawer.

Gavin

Reaction score
What's the likliehood of being able to find most, if not all, of what's on the site at one of the two downtown Chicago stores? Excepting stuff that's marked as online only, of course.

I'm getting my hopes up for more than a few things for when I'm down this weekend.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Yeah the Youngstown flannel is totally stellar, but some part of me (probably the part that lived through the grunge era and pulled endless amounts of good flannels out of thrift shops for like $5 each) finds it hard to stomach the $70 price of admission.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I agree. I was there too. Though I know this is better than all the flannel the grunge kids wore, there's still something about it that has me hesitating. Also makes me think of all the stoner Neil Young kids I knew in the 70s.

JMK

Reaction score
There's a green and white version in stores that looks better imo.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Yeah, I haven't worn mine yet, still too warm, but I'm wondering what to do with the hood. I like the look of the jacket without the hood, so I detached it and put it folded into one of the lower pockets, but that makes the coat bulge there. Or maybe I just need to stash it away in a drawer.

put it in yr bag or summat
yeah i put it in the pocket but it was not ideal
not going to be my go-to jacket when it is rainy anyhow

plus i dont think it looks great with the hood attached

backboard60

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barrylicious
Yeah the Youngstown flannel is totally stellar, but some part of me (probably the part that lived through the grunge era and pulled endless amounts of good flannels out of thrift shops for like $5 each) finds it hard to stomach the $70 price of admission.

i have since many j crew flannels in the past for a fair price.......to me 70 seems fair for this product...

nice grey sweater pickup ^^^

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
plus i dont think it looks great with the hood attached

Agree.

Good idea about the bag.

About wearing it in the rain, I've got raincoats, but I was wondering if there's an effective waterproofing treatment one could use on this without ruining the jacket.

chessman305

Reaction score
Can one of you groupies e-mail J for me and ask him when these bad boys will be available online?

89025300.jpg

53838457.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics