• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Man, I hope J crew do a premium line in the future.

Sort of like RLBL / RLPL.

I would buy heaps more PRL if it was no horsee. That's a
deffinite plus for me with j crew, but I would really love a high quality line. They have good ideas and design, thier colours are excellent, I just want better quality.

A J Crew premium line would be pretty nice for sure. One of the reasons that I buy so much J Crew **** is because it's not emblazoned with dumbass logos all over the place. I almost bought a green RL gingham shirt the other day... but there was a bright purple horsey sitting on the chest and it was all I could look at. Who wants that?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol @ the denim detergent. Ridiculous.

Django

Reaction score
J. Crew's premium stuff is really their collaborations. I really don't think we need them to pull a Jcrew Purple Label and charge 300 bucks for better shirts.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barrylicious
A J Crew premium line would be pretty nice for sure. One of the reasons that I buy so much J Crew **** is because it's not emblazoned with dumbass logos all over the place. I almost bought a green RL gingham shirt the other day... but there was a bright purple horsey sitting on the chest and it was all I could look at. Who wants that?
I think all of us did at one point, most people on SF label bashed. I'm during for a good basics company. So hard to find. Are basics that unprofitable? Ah well.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
Damn, I love shawl collar cardigans. I have about 5 of them.
frown.gif
How do I look here?
Sweater.jpg

That is a damn good look.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Django
J. Crew's premium stuff is really their collaborations. I really don't think we need them to pull a Jcrew Purple Label and charge 300 bucks for better shirts.

Yeah their collaborations do fit the bill pretty well (IE the Thomas Mason shirts), but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have something more permanent.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man. I seriously don't want to look all grandpa-ish and stuffy.

uhhh you do but it loooks good

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
lol @ the denim detergent. Ridiculous.

I think I need the What a Man Should Know book.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man. I seriously don't want to look all grandpa-ish and stuffy.

Yeah, you do look grandpa-ish but it looks damn good. The only problem is most people outside will just see the grandpa-ish and not the good, but they're just walking ballsacks.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
uhhh you do but it loooks good

+1
though I don't know if I'd say grandpa-ish... It doesn't look old man or frumpy- more along the lines of it looks like it could be one of the pictures ACL posts from the Life Archive.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really dig the hat, but it would make it less "old".

pokpok

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
I'm so kopping the J.Crew Denim Detergent!1!11 On a serious note, the knits look good.
kop this too..
erezhy.jpg

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is in the NY/NJ area, I would recommend checking out the Men's shop in the Garden State Mall in Paramus.

They were unloading so much stuff yesterday. The store was chock full.

Picked up a new British Millerain jacket in Black that I don't see on the website. I think the inside says Langham jacket.
$198 but it seems well constructed and I was quite happy with my oiled BM fieldcoat from last year so I gave this a shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads