1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Vernon-Dozier

Vernon-Dozier Senior member

Store kop report:

- Fleece jacket
    - Utility cargo pants
    - Lightweight wool scarf

Is that the cargo pants on sale here.....?

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...pant/15997.jsp

Did they have the new fatigue pant in yet?

Also, please post pics of that new fleece jacket if you have the time. Last years version is still in stock in my size and I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger or get the new one that isn't showing yet on their site. Thanks!

I'm working on my F/W KOP list and will post soon. And who's responsible for letting this thread fall to page two?!

2. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Is that the cargo pants on sale here.....?

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...pant/15997.jsp

Did they have the new fatigue pant in yet?

Also, please post pics of that new fleece jacket if you have the time. Last years version is still in stock in my size and I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger or get the new one that isn't showing yet on their site. Thanks!

I'm working on my F/W KOP list and will post soon. And who's responsible for letting this thread fall to page two?!

I tried taking pics of my fleece jacket, but my camera couldn't pick up any of the details.

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

And who's responsible for letting this thread fall to page two?!

Hey, I've been trying to hold up my end!

Re the pants, no, I think I must be talking about the new fatigue pants, these: J. Crew vintage cargo (new arrival)

Will try to post pix later today of the fleece jacket.

4. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Picked up the scarf b/c it's 10 bucks off and I'm in need of accessories.

I'll be picking up a scarf next time I'm at J.Crew.

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

Yah, for some reason I couldn't do the scarf last week at 39.95 but this week at 29.95 it seemed SO much better. I'm pathetic. It's a nice scarf though--all wool but very light, and a good length.

6. Vernon-Dozier

Hey, I've been trying to hold up my end!

Re the pants, no, I think I must be talking about the new fatigue pants, these: J. Crew utility cargo (new arrival)

Cool, will have to add to my KOP list.

7. Robert

Robert Senior member

Usually I'm turned off by the bagginess of cargos and the extra pockets and stuff, but this has a nice fit and the pockets seem appropriate. The buttoned waist pockets are a nice touch too. The in-store pants look a bit more olive-green than what the model picture shows, by the way. Very much a military green.

8. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

Just got the catalog, and for the first time, that Whitman herringbone sportcoat does something for me.

9. thizzface

thizzface Senior member

does anyone have this jacket: millerain oil cloth field jacket [​IMG] can you comment on its weight? is it a light spring jacket or slightly heavier like the barbour beaufort? how does the oil cloth perform in humid and cold environment? i hear they sometimes feel get clammy. thanks.

10. sazon

sazon Senior member

Usually I'm turned off by the bagginess of cargos and the extra pockets and stuff, but this has a nice fit and the pockets seem appropriate. The buttoned waist pockets are a nice touch too. The in-store pants look a bit more olive-green than what the model picture shows, by the way. Very much a military green.

I was afraid to try these on in the store, cuz I knew I'd love them too much. Now you're making me wanna try them. I'm afraid of liking them!

11. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

[​IMG] Has this been mentioned or am I just late to the punch? Rogues Gallery for J. Crew The bag looks completely new unlike the Mister Freedom one which just looked like a regular J.Crew tote with different screen/paint job. EDIT: nm...looks like it's already been discussed.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

does anyone have this jacket: millerain oil cloth field jacket
    [​IMG]

can you comment on its weight? is it a light spring jacket or slightly heavier like the barbour beaufort?
    how does the oil cloth perform in humid and cold environment? i hear they sometimes feel get clammy.

thanks.

I tried it on in the store. A lovely jacket. It's definitely heavier like the barbour.

13. ennui

ennui Senior member

I tried it on in the store. A lovely jacket. It's definitely heavier like the barbour.

I should be getting my order with this jacket this coming Monday. I'll try to set aside some time later next week to write something up about it.

14. Vernon-Dozier

September men's catalog is online. They ditched the rustic cabin and Steinbeck novel, this time the backdrop is unfinished drywall with spacey looks from the models. [​IMG]

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/catalog...740834&index=1

Also, I was in Fred Segal on Melrose last week and they had a fatigue jacket that looked identical to J Crew's in style and quality manufactured by Hartford. The price was $365 so Robert I guess you got a steal.

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

ima be buying some of those jaspe tees come sale time

16. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

17. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I'm a be buying some of those Jaspe tees come sale time
    I have 2 of the V-necks. They are really nice. I see they added more colors. Damn!

18. ruben

ruben Senior member

-I have too many shawlnecks, and I'm most comfortable (and IMO the least old man looking) when I wear them super-casually, as in just throwing them on when it gets cool at night in the late sumer.

-I think linen shirts should be worn a bit big (and untucked) I have a couple J.Crew shirts from a few years ago and despite the fact tht they're the same size and 'model' the linen is substatially bigger. I think this was by design.

-Whoever did the drywall for the fall catalog sucks at taping.

-J.Crew is great at making beautiful catalogs, but they can never seem to make the boring/"essential" stuff not seem dull.
    I much, much prefer their un-fuckedwith "essential" khakis to any of their "broken in" pants, but they look million times worse in the pictures.

-Those suits look TERRIBLE.

-I don't understand all the people on that hyr blog complaining about J.Crew's fit, I can't stand this silly idea that every single peice of clothing needs to fit skin tight.

19. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

20. Teger

Teger Senior member

that barn jacket is legit and it reminds me of m y spurr