• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

    Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
8
Originally Posted by Robert
No, but my argument is that since they offer free shipping to online shoppers, they should also offer reimbursement of gas mileage for in-store shoppers. Seems only fair.

I also don't like that J. Crew offers only student and teacher discounts. Like students need discounts? They get all that student loan money and stuff! And what about the rest of us who don't make much better than teachers' salaries and who also work in equally noble professions? What about those of us who make less than what teachers make?


Yeah we do
 

Robert

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
5,315
Reaction score
41
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Yeah we do



What about all that loan money and stuff? Don't tell me you blew it all on books and tuition?
 

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
4,769
Reaction score
6,746
Duh. Otherwise dudes wouldn't have to take out loans.

Why do you think most college kids live off ramen.
 

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
4,747
Reaction score
1,171
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Duh. Otherwise dudes wouldn't have to take out loans.

Why do you think most college kids live off ramen.


To feed their denimz habits?
 

Robert

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
5,315
Reaction score
41
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Why do you think most college kids live off ramen.

So they can afford to buy expensive drugs and have a lot of beer money? Oh, yeah, and what tonio said.
 

shadrach

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
144
Reaction score
1
maybe to pay for our private school 50-55 grand tuition per year?
 

Robert

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
5,315
Reaction score
41
OMG what a waste of money.
 

Wrenkin

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
861
Reaction score
150
Originally Posted by Robert
OMG what a waste of money.

Education? Or Private university tuition?

I don't understand why more American students don't come up to Canada. Even at "international" rates you're still paying maybe C$14k a year, and for some bizarre reason everyone has heard of McGill in the States, if not U of T & UBC, all commonly in the top 50 of those "world's best universities" lists.
 

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
115
New policy for Jcrew should be:

If we've misled you into believing that you purchased something only to find out X days later that you're not getting it, we'll either promise it to you in the future at that price or provide you with any similarly categorized item of your choice for the same price in the same size.
 

Tom R

Active Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by somatoform


Does any online retailer as large as J Crew adopt that kind of policy? It would seem impossible to implement.

Also, way to completely lose your shit over an inventory mistake.
 

sazon

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
3,805
Reaction score
7,518

gin8u

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Wrenkin
Education? Or Private university tuition?

I don't understand why more American students don't come up to Canada. Even at "international" rates you're still paying maybe C$14k a year, and for some bizarre reason everyone has heard of McGill in the States, if not U of T & UBC, all commonly in the top 50 of those "world's best universities" lists.


are u from montreal as well?
 

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
5,127
Reaction score
72
Originally Posted by Robert
No, but my argument is that since they offer free shipping to online shoppers, they should also offer reimbursement of gas mileage for in-store shoppers. Seems only fair. I also don't like that J. Crew offers only student and teacher discounts. Like students need discounts? They get all that student loan money and stuff! And what about the rest of us who don't make much better than teachers' salaries and who also work in equally noble professions? What about those of us who make less than what teachers make?
Nobody cares what your argument is, Robert. Nobody cares.
 

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
115
Originally Posted by Tom R
Also, way to completely lose your shit over an inventory mistake.

Funny you should say, because I had a word with jcrew and everything worked itself out nicely. Shit smells good on this side.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

  • JW Anderson x Uniqlo

  • Nigo x Virgil Abloh

  • Converse x Midnight Studios

  • Rick Owens x Champion

  • Barbour x Engineered Garments

  • Adidas x Bed JW Ford

  • Jordan Brand x Dior

  • Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

  • Lego x Levi's


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
448,657
Messages
9,709,520
Members
202,688
Latest member
ansukhambneha
Top