• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I got a few thermals marked down to $20 each, and one rang up as $10. They are still $40+ online. Looks like I am finally set for winter, except for socks.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want that utility jacket in surplus. They need to put it on sale; no way I'm paying $118 for that thing.

Oh, grabbed another utility shirt yesterday in a cool blue color. It has a very slight hint of purple with blue buttons and isn't on the website yet.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
I want that utility jacket in surplus. They need to put it on sale; no way I'm paying $118 for that thing.

Oh, grabbed another utility shirt yesterday in a cool blue color. It has a very slight hint of purple with blue buttons and isn't on the website yet.

I think I got that too. There was a blue and tan one. The receipt says hack broken in chino. Love that shirt. I got that one, the lighter colored herringbone (I liked the black one too), the sodus flannel, the light umber cargo pants and a few washed collar shirts. Think I'm set until spring.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
I think I got that too. There was a blue and tan one. The receipt says hack broken in chino. Love that shirt. I got that one, the lighter colored herringbone (I liked the black one too), the sodus flannel, the light umber cargo pants and a few washed collar shirts. Think I'm set until spring.

Yep, that's the one. And Sodus flannel? Is that the alpine green one??

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a sweet striped cardigan that is pima cotton and wool for $20 in the store, aswell as a long sleeve tee and graphic tee for $10 each.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Yep, that's the one. And Sodus flannel? Is that the alpine green one??

Yup. That was the most different than any other flannel I own so I went with it. I like those from the fall better than the new faded flannels. Those pockets were cool for a change.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
Yup. That was the most different than any other flannel I own so I went with it. I like those from the fall better than the new faded flannels. Those pockets were cool for a change.

You lucky bastard. I've been to three stores and none of them carried that or the Youngstown. Maybe I'll call customer service and see if they can locate one. Agreed on the new ones; they suck. I did try on the grey/white one and it was ok, but not good enough to buy at retail.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of the basics ever go on sale? I like the "secret wash" favorites and need some in solid white/blue.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Everyone keeps citing J Crew's ridiculous in store markdowns, but I have yet to see anything good in store marked down. The sale sections are always filled with crappy vneck sweaters, pj pants, bad blazers, and a bunch of ugly colored dress shirts. ugh. maybe I'm just not a lucky person.

LandoCal126

Reaction score
Picked up the MFSC Denim Pea Coat "Blanket Lined" in Large. Already hot soaked and getting some wear...

IMG_0784-JackMask.jpg

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
Everyone keeps citing J Crew's ridiculous in store markdowns, but I have yet to see anything good in store marked down. The sale sections are always filled with crappy vneck sweaters, pj pants, bad blazers, and a bunch of ugly colored dress shirts. ugh. maybe I'm just not a lucky person.

+1

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LandoCal126
Picked up the MFSC Denim Pea Coat "Blanket Lined" in Large. Already hot soaked and getting some wear...

IMG_0784-JackMask.jpg

Wow. That looks really nice. Much nicer even than it appears on the website.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom

I agree. I haven't seen any good markdowns this season. Went in yesterday and did see the cords marked down but only to 49. They still seem really thin to me, especially for 50 bucks. Maybe I'm just used to the heavier cord material Levi uses, which to me seems like the standard. Plus they were out of my size in every color--what's up with that!?

The lambswool sweaters had come down slightly but not enough to pique my interest, especially considering most of them were rather plain. And I'm not sure why, but I don't dig the half-zip mock collars that seem to be filling the shelves this season.

I saw a few new things at full retail, including two new colors in the vintage fatigue pants. There was a grey and a khaki, which on a different day and in a different mood, I might have sprung for (at least one of them), but for whatever reason I just wasn't feeling it yesterday at 80 bucks a pair.

Overall, seemed like a lot of stuff that was different versions of what I already own.

On the other hand, IF I had seen the Fair Isle sweater or sweater vest, I would have jumped on that. My store isn't carrying them, for some reason. I might have to do an in-store phone order next time.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
btw today I'm taking the henley over button-down a step further. I'm wearing my heather grey henley over my woodsman tartan WITH my blue wool necktie (undone loosely, of course). (the fatigues for pants, camper brothers for shoes--a departure from the customary DB today).

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^I got a few thermals marked down to $20 each, and one rang up as $10. They are still $40+ online. Looks like I am finally set for winter, except for socks.

i noticed you were in the new J.Crew holiday catalog.
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads