J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

I know it's just marketing but does everything have to be named after some iconic figure; Whitman blazer, Caufield pants, Caine sweater, etc. J Crew makes me feel like a douche because I buy the stuff anyways. I'm definitely not keeping it real. [​IMG]

2. Barrylicious

Barrylicious Senior member

I've honestly never even noticed that before. Now that you mention it, it is kinda dumb.

3. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

has anyone been to any j.crew outlets latley? is there anything worth while?
    IM heading to palm springs and thinking of hitting up the outlet

there's one in ontario mills now if you're in the LA area which is closer

4. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Senior member

20% off all men's shit on sale. I'm Cleaning up!
    recent purchases at the tice's corner location in upper saddle river
    jersey polos w/ jersey collars 10.99
    Got some garment died vnecks 12.99
    grey/white striped polo 12.99

5. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

I picked up a seersucker suit last week for $175 after tax and it's at the tailor now. I've wanted one for years but could never convince myself to pull the trigger at full retail and either my jacket or pant size was always sold out by the time it went on sale. I kind of lucked out in that I strolled into my local store on a whim and found exactly one jacket in 38R and one pair of pants in 32/32.

One thing I don't like about it is that it's fully lined. What the hell? Why would you take the lightest, coolest suit you can make and line it with viscose or polyester or whatever it is?

6. gt33

gt33 Senior member

are there any jcrew coupon codes?

7. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

are there any jcrew coupon codes?

8. gt33

gt33 Senior member

thanks i just did that...are there any that you know of that would work right now? im about to buy some short but just wanna check if there are available coupons first

9. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Does anyone here have the Converse Jack Purcell broken-in chino sneakers? How are the laces? Do they have metal tips on the laces?

10. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Does anyone here have the Converse Jack Purcell broken-in chino sneakers? How are the laces? Do they have metal tips on the laces?

I picked up a pair from a discount place not too long ago, and they have the metal tip laces.

11. drewdub

drewdub Active Member

Dont buy them from J Crew unless you are getting a deal. They are normally 65, which is a rip-off. I just got a pair of charcoal JP's off zappos for 50.00 with next day shipping. The J Crew ones are just obnoxiously pre-worn, i had a pair and they were not worth the $15 premium. I only bought them because I was working at J Crew at the time.

12. Meis

Meis Senior member

Dont buy them from J Crew unless you are getting a deal. They are normally 65, which is a rip-off. I just got a pair of charcoal JP's off zappos for 50.00 with next day shipping. The J Crew ones are just obnoxiously pre-worn, i had a pair and they were not worth the $15 premium. I only bought them because I was working at J Crew at the time.

or you can always wait... a couple of months I got some grey JP's at Jcrew on clearance for $8

13. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

20% off all men's shit on sale. I'm Cleaning up! recent purchases at the tice's corner location in upper saddle river jersey polos w/ jersey collars 10.99 Got some garment died vnecks 12.99 grey/white striped polo 12.99
    20% off sale how?

14. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

20% off sale how?

I'd also like to know.

I didn't get an email (I got one but nothing about 20%) and extra20 is not listed on the site.

15. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

I don't know whether its been mentioned here or anywhere on the forum, but what are your thoughts about j crew and ACL being so tight nit and the whole ACL store thats in the works?

as an ameteur, VERY ameteur blogger it is cool for him... but on the other its like what a sell out.

there was a store that recently set up displays dedicated to bloggers like sea of shoes, the sartorialist, etc.

(hyr)collective made an e-commerce section as well, a lot of the successful fashion/lifestyle blogs already have a steady footing in the industry, which is why they are so successful.