Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

I thought they ship worldwide, no?

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

UPS delivered my Mariner sweater to the wrong address! Someone even signed for it, can you believe that.
    [​IMG]

That sucks. Is the address in your area? Would take a lot of balls for a neighbor to walk around your neighborhood wearing this!

I've had UPS delivery stuff next door before. Fortunately my neighbors always brought the packages over to me. I've found that FedEx is much more reliable.

3. muffinman

muffinman Senior member

I thought they ship worldwide, no?

Nope they don't do international shipping. I really like their stuff so if anyone wants to share the love that would be great.

4. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

I am going to pick up some secret wash shirts this weekend from the J. Crew outlet.

5. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

I have the Langham. Solid Jacket all around, IMO. Nice fit, on the slimmish side. Good feeling waxed cotton. Mid weight quilted lining.

British Millerian Co. Not sure how good they really are but I just like throwing that in there.

Recommended.

Have you tried on the oilcloth field jacket? Does it fit the same as the Langham? I'm usually a medium but was going to go for a small since it seems baggy. If the field jacket is slim also, I'll go for the medium. Thanks.

6. chessman305

chessman305 Senior member

The broken-in crewneck tees are too boxy for me. Does anyone have a recommendation for another store that have a slimmer fit? I see banana republic offers a slim t, how is the quality on that?

7. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

The broken-in crewneck tees are too boxy for me. Does anyone have a recommendation for another store that have a slimmer fit? I see banana republic offers a slim t, how is the quality on that?

Have you tried J.Crew's offering of Broken-in Slim Crewneck tees?

BR's tees are excellent, although they are "cleaner" aka not broken-in.

8. Uker

Uker Senior member

I have the Langham. Solid Jacket all around, IMO. Nice fit, on the slimmish side. Good feeling waxed cotton. Mid weight quilted lining.

British Millerian Co. Not sure how good they really are but I just like throwing that in there.

Recommended.

Sweet thanks, I'll keep it in mind while I try to find something else online that may be a bit more ' me ' [​IMG]

9. mdeep1

mdeep1 Senior member

Continuing the discussion that I started a few pages back...

I just got off the phone with a rep from J.Crew about the tweed sportcoat and was told that the difference in sleeves between a 40/R and a 40/S is 1". The difference in jacket length from the back collar is 1.25". I'm thinking about buying a 36/R and having it tailored to be a 36/S, so I was wondering if the given measurements make it possible for the jacket to be tailored without throwing everything out of proportion.

10. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

Continuing the discussion that I started a few pages back...

I just got off the phone with a rep from J.Crew about the tweed sportcoat and was told that the difference in sleeves between a 40/R and a 40/S is 1". The difference in jacket length from the back collar is 1.25". I'm thinking about buying a 36/R and having it tailored to be a 36/S, so I was wondering if the given measurements make it possible for the jacket to be tailored without throwing everything out of proportion.

they do the alterations in their local J Crew store or warehouse?

11. Barrylicious

Barrylicious Senior member

I am going to pick up some secret wash shirts this weekend from the J. Crew outlet.

The casual shirts at the outlet are pretty poor IMO. Try them on for sure - I bought one a while back that has sleeves that are like 1.5" longer than any other shirt I've ever gotten from J Crew.

12. mdeep1

mdeep1 Senior member

they do the alterations in their local J Crew store or warehouse?

I actually was going to take it to my own tailor, but I think if you go to a store and buy a J.Crew product that they will take measurements and send the item to their tailor.

13. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

I actually was going to take it to my own tailor, but I think if you go to a store and buy a J.Crew product that they will take measurements and send the item to their tailor.

ok.

the tweed sportcoat looks pretty good to me.

14. mdeep1

mdeep1 Senior member

ok.

the tweed sportcoat looks pretty good to me.

Yeah me too, but I'm just wondering if it's worth tailoring.

15. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

Yeah me too, but I'm just wondering if it's worth tailoring.

if you're gonna give it a try, pls post some pictures after have it tailored