1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

deleted premium officer chino from my list, would rather pick up chino from GAP or american eagle.

The nice thing about the GAP chinos is that they don't stretch like the J.Crew ones. I wear TTS in GAP and I have to size down one in J.Crew.

2. connor

connor Senior member

anyone know if there is a way to still get these MacAlister boots? They aren't on the website anymore, i'm hoping they release them again sometime.

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/6...%3A30%20PM&r=1

those are so fucking ugly

3. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

Ha ha. Check out Target too.

haha, thanks, man, I will.

4. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

The nice thing about the GAP chinos is that they don't stretch like the J.Crew ones. I wear TTS in GAP and I have to size down one in J.Crew.

good to know. somehow the GAP chino feels better than J Crew regular chino.

5. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

Waiting for those damned cords to get marked down 10-20 bucks at least. Saw some fairly nice looking shawl neck pullovers that might be a decent pick-up on sale. Only 69 but I'd feel better around 49, considering my closet shelves are bulging with sweaters right now.

Are you talking about the jean-style or the trouser-style? Both were marked down to $49 (or maybe $39, not sure) at my local store (North Ave). Would have tried them on but they didn't have my size. I saw those sweaters as well and look forward to them getting cheaper - I have a grey shawl neck pullover from last season that I like quite a bit. There were a couple of cardigans that I hadn't seen online, including a brown/cream marled wool shawl collar for $98. Wasn't blowing my mind, but I might pick it up on sale.

Surplus and officer chinos were $39 as well for anyone who's interested.

6. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

haha, thanks, man, I will.

haha lol, man!

7. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Anyone have anything to say on the Youngstown flannel after owning it awhile?

I'm on the fence on this one; not sure if I'll still be feeling it a few weeks post purchase, plus I haven't seen it in person. Definitely want the spruce green one though.

8. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I'm on the fence on this one; not sure if I'll still be feeling it a few weeks post purchase, plus I haven't seen it in person. Definitely want the spruce green one though.

I have a J.Crew flannel a coast-to-coast search. It's blue and white and only available in stores at the moment. None of the other flannels tripped my trigger, but this one did.

9. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

^ I'm really hoping that one arrives online. Next rollout is supposed to be Oct 12 or so.

10. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I have a J.Crew flannel a coast-to-coast search. It's blue and white and only available in stores at the moment. None of the other flannels tripped my trigger, but this one did.

Saw that one in store, but it was the last one, in a large and folded up tightly so I didn't really get a feel for it.

11. Helix

Helix Senior member

How does the utility jacket fit? My search-fu is weak today.

12. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

It's pretty baggy.

13. Helix

Helix Senior member

Really? Doesn't look like that from the pics. Must be some binder clip magic [​IMG]. Got any slimmer alternatives?

14. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

I wear a J crew 38 ludlow suit. The small utility jacket is too baggy for me. The small would fit someone who wears 40.

15. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Are you talking about the jean-style or the trouser-style? Both were marked down to $49 (or maybe $39, not sure) at my local store (North Ave). Would have tried them on but they didn't have my size. I saw those sweaters as well and look forward to them getting cheaper - I have a grey shawl neck pullover from last season that I like quite a bit. There were a couple of cardigans that I hadn't seen online, including a brown/cream marled wool shawl collar for $98. Wasn't blowing my mind, but I might pick it up on sale.

Surplus and officer chinos were $39 as well for anyone who's interested.

I picked up some navy blue cords this weekend for $39. Probably could have waited a little bit cause I'm sure they'll go down some more. What's the price adjustment policy, does anyone know?

16. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

if you like the utility jacket, just find a size that fits you in the shoulders and dont try to zipper it... thats what worked for me

17. Robert

Robert Senior member

it's not skin tight, but I wouldn't call it baggy. Mine fits nicely. There's maybe 1-2 inches extra in the waist that I'd take out if I were really fussy about it, but at the same time, the fit overall is about right.

& I don't like the advice about buying a size you can't zipper. What's the point of having a jacket then? I find with a slightly heavy sweater, the jacket gets a little snug and zips up tightly.

18. Robert

Robert Senior member

I bought the Youngstown and the spruce green. I've worn them several times and have not lost the love. What's not to love about them? They're plaid and manly!

By the way, the store here is sold out of the Youngstowns and the spruce green pile was low. Also noticed that almost every tartan secret wash was gone.

19. sazon

sazon Senior member

Wore my youngstown (blue) this weekend when I went apple picking. Perfect occassion, eh?
    That and my Red Wings made for a nice Saturday excursion on the farm.

Love the fit and colors on this shirt. Not regretting the purchase at all.

I do believe that the shirt and boots enabled me to pick nicer, riper, more colorful apples than my feiends who were not wearing the goods.

20. Robert

Robert Senior member

The clothes make the man, or the apple-picker, as the case may be. As for me, I'm wearing my fatigue jacket today for the first time. Temps in the 50s and it's all drizzle out there. I feel that my jacket enables me to be better prepared than my friends for any tactical situation that may arise.