• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J Crew - additional sale + coupon

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FYI - There's an extra 30% off now on the sale items + you can use coupon "NV-469" for another $20 off for orders over $100. I just stocked up on merino sweaters: bought 4 merino crew neck sweaters for $23 each!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, were you able to use a free shipping code as well? If not, the $20 pretty much just takes care of the shipping and tax.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Just curious, were you able to use a free shipping code as well? If not, the $20 pretty much just takes care of the shipping and tax.

I don't know of any free shipping code and I'm not sure one can enter more than one code... but sale price -30% -$20 is already a pretty good deal to me

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the hookup. I bought the same basic knits. Four for 106 after tax and shipping...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. It's a great deal, and I picked up 4 sweaters myself. Thanks!

dk7m

Reaction score
Awesome, got a couple of items for really cheap. Thanks!

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, the merino sweaters are a great deal at that price.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Considering buying a couple of dress shirts. Will decide after lunch...

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Considering buying a couple of dress shirts. Will decide after lunch...

sale stuff from jcrew.com disappears fast. don't mean to rush, but if you're thinking about it, order it. you can always return it, they have a good return policy.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i was gonna hit the store today just to try on the stuff and see how i like it and then order it online. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon.

I know how fast things go, in the spring there was a polo shirt i wanted, thought about it and the next day it was sold out...

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
sale stuff from jcrew.com disappears fast. don't mean to rush, but if you're thinking about it, order it. you can always return it, they have a good return policy.

+1

they DO return shipping charges AND if your order total drops below $100 after returning, they WON'T get rid of the coupon.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they return shipping charges? From their website it says "No postage is required, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund (1 item $5.95, 2 or more items $7.50)"

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
they return shipping charges? From their website it says "No postage is required, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund (1 item $5.95, 2 or more items $7.50)"

Well, if you ship back, Jcrew isn't going to pay for the shipping. Which is understandable.

I think the question is, if you do the return at the store, will they refund the merchandise price (and tax) + whatever it is you spent on shipping?

Unless I'm not recalling correctly, I don't think they gave me the shipping back on my last return, unless you're suppose to ask for it.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if you ship back, Jcrew isn't going to pay for the shipping. Which is understandable.

I think the question is, if you do the return at the store, will they refund the merchandise price (and tax) + whatever it is you spent on shipping?

Unless I'm not recalling correctly, I don't think they gave me the shipping back on my last return, unless you're suppose to ask for it.

Nope, their policy is to not refund the shipping charges, which obviously makes sense.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't returned anything to J. Crew in quite some time (since the last Mahon shirts appeared).

I bought three of the shirts to use a $20 off coupon. Washed and wore one, but wasn't quite pleased with the fit (especially since I'd compromised on sleeve length just to get in on the 'deal'). Returned the other two, got the full price back, plus tax and shipping. They kept the coupon for me. I've had the same experience with a probably 2-3 other returns before that.

This is the Atlanta store in Lenox Square mall.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 32.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40