• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Izod SUITS?!?!?!?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
3,663
Reaction score
423
I was walking by a rather ghetto menswear store across the street from the decidedly non-ghetto Grand Central Terminal and in the shop's window they were proudly showcasing suits made by Izod. At the price of two, three-piece suits for $400 in Midtown Manhattan I can only imagine the quality (thankfully there was no green aligator on the breast pocket). Anyone else ever encountered these?
 

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
6,555
Reaction score
134
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I was walking by a rather ghetto menswear store across the street from the decidedly non-ghetto Grand Central Terminal and in the shop's window they were proudly showcasing suits made by Izod. At the price of two, three-piece suits for $400 in Midtown Manhattan I can only imagine the quality (thankfully there was no green aligator on the breast pocket). Anyone else ever encountered these?

I thought the green alligator was Lacoste.

Yeah, Izod does suits. Standard 300-500 retail fusejobs designed to sell for half that in the mall. Essentially identical to Bill Blass, Geoffrey Beene, Hilfiger, Nautica and a host of other mall suits.
 

Flame

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
1,700
Reaction score
56
I have always wondered, since these brands are all so similar, why don't they just merge into one giant coporation? It's not like there will be large differences in merchandise between them.
 

CoryB

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2006
Messages
464
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Flame
I have always wondered, since these brands are all so similar, why don't they just merge into one giant coporation? It's not like there will be large differences in merchandise between them.

It wouldn't surprise my if they already have. Likely several are owned by the same parent companies.
 

Demeter

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
229
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by CoryB
It wouldn't surprise my if they already have. Likely several are owned by the same parent companies.

Lacoste and IZOD used to be the same company. Formerly IZOD made Lacoste knitwear and eventually they split up, in 1993, I think.
 

Aureus

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by CoryB
It wouldn't surprise my if they already have. Likely several are owned by the same parent companies.

Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation owns Calvin Klein Collection, ck Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Van Heusen, IZOD, Arrow, G.H. Bass & Co., Bass and Eagle and its licensed brands, Geoffrey Beene, BCBG Max Azria, BCBG Attitude, Chaps, Sean John, Donald J. Trump Signature Collection, Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction, unlisted, A Kenneth Cole Production, JOE Joseph Abboud and MICHAEL Michael Kors
 

metaphysician

Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2006
Messages
197
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Aureus
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation owns Calvin Klein Collection, ck Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Van Heusen, IZOD, Arrow, G.H. Bass & Co., Bass and Eagle and its licensed brands, Geoffrey Beene, BCBG Max Azria, BCBG Attitude, Chaps, Sean John, Donald J. Trump Signature Collection, Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction, unlisted, A Kenneth Cole Production, JOE Joseph Abboud and MICHAEL Michael Kors

A Who's Who of Macy's brands.
 

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
6,555
Reaction score
134
Originally Posted by Aureus
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation owns Calvin Klein Collection, ck Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Van Heusen, IZOD, Arrow, G.H. Bass & Co., Bass and Eagle and its licensed brands, Geoffrey Beene, BCBG Max Azria, BCBG Attitude, Chaps, Sean John, Donald J. Trump Signature Collection, Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction, unlisted, A Kenneth Cole Production, JOE Joseph Abboud and MICHAEL Michael Kors

Some of these are just licenses for shirt manufacturing. I'm not sure they own all of these outright.
 

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
39,941
Reaction score
28,532
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Some of these are just licenses for shirt manufacturing. I'm not sure they own all of these outright.

That's correct

 

Aureus

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Some of these are just licenses for shirt manufacturing. I'm not sure they own all of these outright.

Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation owns Calvin Klein Collection, ck Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Van Heusen, IZOD, Arrow, G.H. Bass & Co., Bass and Eagle and its licensed brands, Geoffrey Beene, BCBG Max Azria, BCBG Attitude, Chaps, Sean John, Donald J. Trump Signature Collection, Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction, unlisted, A Kenneth Cole Production, JOE Joseph Abboud and MICHAEL Michael Kors

The wording isn't paticulary clear. But its just a copy and paste from WSJ.com
 

Brian SD

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
9,760
Reaction score
122
Donald Trump has a clothing line? I thought he was known as being UNstylish?
 

Pink22m

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
I want to buy a Donald Trump suit so that I can be Trump classy.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 142 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 265 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 70 8.6%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 48 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.1%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 52 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,046
Messages
9,228,095
Members
193,702
Latest member
n2r49rs
Top