• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Izod double collar polo

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
5,834
Reaction score
1,382
Now you can pop two collars at the same time!
 

mrchapel

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
679
Reaction score
1
Hmmm...not sure. Then again I am not brave enough to pop my collar. Honestly, I think it looks like you're trying too hard.
 

Jovan

Banned for Good
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,533
Reaction score
0
Oh God... did that guy in my drama class actually make an impact on fashion?
 

The Grapist

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
284
Reaction score
1
I think a blood vessel in my head just popped.

Hmm, that could've been a stroke.
 

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5
It's like wearing two polos at once without sweating up a storm in the summer.
 

sonick

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
6,033
Reaction score
484
Now you can be twice the douche for the price of one!
 

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
9,464
Reaction score
18
Popping collars should be a Class A felony. It offends me more and more every day.
 

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I have seen people who wore two polos at one time and popped the collars. It provided color contrast.

Unfortunately, I see this more often than not. I saw a girl the other day with double polos, both popped, and she had on a pair of sunglasses that was bigger than her face. She thought she looked like the shitnitz.
 

Jovan

Banned for Good
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,533
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I have seen people who wore two polos at one time and popped the collars. It provided color contrast.
That's exactly what my classmate did. The girls who thought he was edgy and cool for it were obviously out of their mind.
 

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
25,745
Reaction score
251
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Unfortunately, I see this more often than not. I saw a girl the other day with double polos, both popped, and she had on a pair of sunglasses that was bigger than her face. She thought she looked like the shitnitz.

Then there are the boyfriends in the same tops with some baggy jeans and flip-flop sandals with also a large pair of sunglasses, likely cheap aviators.
 

JeffC

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Poping your collar has a purpose if you are out fishing: it prevents you from becoming a 'redneck'. Also gets good use at baseball games.

Everytime I walk into a PRL store it seems there was a corporate memo mandating collar popping. Everyone from the new sales associates to the managers are doing it. It only fuels the love/hate pony relationship. I like their polos: the fabric doesn't disintigrate and the color doesn't fade, but hate that logo and all it stands for.

-Jeff
 

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
25,745
Reaction score
251
Originally Posted by JeffC
Poping your collar has a purpose if you are out fishing: it prevents you from becoming a 'redneck'. Also gets good use at baseball games.

Everytime I walk into a PRL store it seems there was a corporate memo mandating collar popping. Everyone from the new sales associates to the managers are doing it. It only fuels the love/hate pony relationship. I like their polos: the fabric doesn't disintigrate and the color doesn't fade, but hate that logo and all it stands for.

-Jeff

I think this must be true.

I heard that you have to dress a certain way if you work in a chain store.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 66 9.0%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 46 6.3%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.1%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 15 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 6 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 100+

    Votes: 47 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,552
Messages
9,219,842
Members
193,558
Latest member
makeriy
Top