I've stained me trousers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NavyStyles, Mar 10, 2002.

1. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

You know that chili queso dip or whatever at Chili's? Yeah, good stuff. Until you spill it on your khakis. Yes that'd be me, the man who tried to consume a rather large tostada chip smothered in the queso dip. So any suggestions on applying something before washing? Thanks.

2. Europe's Finest

Europe's Finest Well-Known Member

I can feel your pain, but unfortunately I've no advice... [​IMG]

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I use shout, it comes with a brush in the top that you squeeze through and scrub with at the same time. It usually works pretty well. Wow.. checking quickly on yahoo under this topic I found this site which has stain removal suggestions for all different types of stains and fabrics. Check out their tomato stain guide. j.

4. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

Thanks fellas, haha, Europe's Finest. I'd go with shout in case you are ever in my predicament; j and parsonsdb both suggested it. I should've thought about that. My ex-girlfriend always had shout wipes in her purse. ahh, crazy females. And j, thank you for the site link. They had a technique for everything. It was most impressive. I was tempted to spill a tomato-based substance on myself just to try it. [​IMG]

5. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

Okay, i am restarting this thread because i stained a pair of wool pants with an unknown stain. Just attended a July 4th bbq and i came home and realized that the bottom of my wool pants has a stain on it. Can't ID the stain and don't know why it is at the hem of my pants and not somewhere more common like lap. The pants are 80% wool and 20% flax.

I did a search and this appeared to be most appropriate place to put this.

6. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Senior member

Take them to the dry cleaners.

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

+1. Seeing as the trousers are mostly wool, you don't want to stick them in the wash. Bad things will happen to them there.

Bring to dry cleaners and specifically point out the stain. One of my former cleaners would stick some colored tape across the stain identifying that the area needed additional treatment. Got most, if not all stains I had pointed out in various garments.

8. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

True, don't screw around.

9. Mr T

Mr T Senior member

Okay, i am restarting this thread because i stained a pair of wool pants with an unknown stain. Just attended a July 4th bbq and i came home and realized that the bottom of my wool pants has a stain on it. Can't ID the stain and don't know why it is at the hem of my pants and not somewhere more common like lap. The pants are 80% wool and 20% flax.

Shart?

10. datasupa

datasupa Senior member

That was thoughtful, but unnecessary. On this forum, starting new threads is the equivalent of a shoutbox anywhere else.