• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've lost 7 pounds since November

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To all the haters who said I could never do it, I say...the results are in! My trips to the gym (every other day), plus portion control and better food choices, have worked wonders thus far. Some of my old pants fit again, I look better, etc.
smile.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's great! Now go reward yourself with a big slice of chocolate fudge cheesecake!
biggrin.gif

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Good for you. What is your goal? I ask because it might be time to step it up and take it to the next level. Do you think you gained any muscle? If you're training with weights (hard, that is) best measure is not the actual bodyweight but how your pants fit. **** the haters, you keep it up, my man.

*#..

Reaction score
Good to hear, how many calories/day have you been eating?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
November what year?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good on ya'.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update us two months from now.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
congrats!

and if you don't mind me piggy backing a bit, without noticing I dropped 7 pounds in the past two weeks... on top of another 5 pounds since the start of the year. So I'm down to 170. I haven't been this weight since I finished college. I'm actually wearing 30" waists again!

Egert

Reaction score
I'm down over 20 since beginning of december.
laugh.gif

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats mang that's a solid achievement. You too Egert. Losing weight isn't easy so people who do it and keep it off have my respect.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
congrats. i've lost 10 pounds since october

now i have to buy more jeans
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

i think the hardest part is coming to the terms you can never eat cheezburgers again on a regular basis, only on cheat days
frown.gif

narcissism

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
i think the hardest part is coming to the terms you can never eat cheezburgers again on a regular basis, only on cheat days
frown.gif

definitely. self-discipline is the hardest part for me too. congrats to all.

PipPip

Reaction score
Congratulations, keep it up (if you need to).

I'm down 36 pounds since June 2010 - I now weigh 159 pounds (at 5 foot 8) and down from 36/38 inch waist trousers to 32 inch, which are slightly loose. My chest has remained at 40 inches so the gym work has been useful.

Not bad for a 40 year old who works behind a desk 10 to 11 hours a day. I know I've done enough now and just need to maintain as both my wife and my mother have asked me to stop where I am, my blood pressure is down from 150/100 (and I was on beta blockers) to 125/74 (no medication now) and my cholesterol readings have moved from terrible to average.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads