• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've had an Einstein moment

Lear

Reaction score
Well, it finally happened to me. Yesterday, I had my first ever Einstein moment.

Passing the crest of a hill, on my way to Sponge Kitchens in Beckenham, Kent (delicious cream filled cakes and confectionery), I spied a bloke sauntering in the same direction ahead of me (excessive break on trousers, shirt sleeves too long and scuffed corrected grain shoes). Further into the distance I noticed the tiny speck of another bloke approaching.

So, what are the odds of all three of us passing each other at exactly the same moment in time? If you took three people and asked them to recreate that moment, you'd be there all day and still fail. The fact is that all three of us, for a split second in passing, were parallel with each other.

But it gets better... the very next day I was walking along the same stretch of pavement and EXACTLY the same thing happened. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or religious by nature, but I think I've stumbled upon something here. Einstein at least knew what he was searching for - when he came out with his idea of wearing identical clothing each day. I on the other hand feel as if it's been thrust upon me.

Also, what are the odds of each person declining the opportunity to discuss it in further detail? The last bloke positively scurried away as I stifled a yelp, then rushed back to reveal what had just occurred. Sometimes the truth is indeed terrifying.

Lear

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Iaintreadinallthatshit.jpg

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope that this post is the product of some potent weed, as the evidence ("Sponge Kitchens," "delicious cream filled cakes and confectionery") suggests.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear

So, what are the odds of all three of us passing each other at exactly the same moment in time? If you took three people and asked them to recreate that moment, you'd be there all day and still fail. The fact is that all three of us, for a split second in passing, were parallel with each other.

Lear

Well, Einstein, you have complete control of that situation and can make it happen 100% of the time. As you described this scenario, it is not hard to do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics