• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've been injured in a car accident that was not my fault at all. Injury Lawyer the way to go or...?

LosAngelesRams

Reaction score
36 hours ago I was rear ended by a lady going ~60MPH (luckily I'm alive). I was completely at a stand-still for about 5 seconds so the fault is 100% hers. I went to the ER a couple of hours later and was diagnosed with Cervical strain s/p MVA. Was given meds and my neck has been sore and getting worse.

I had a brand new 2012 Veloster (leased) for about 5 months, the car is completely totaled.

Is it in my best interest to have a chiropractor + injury lawyer team handle my case or to just go through my auto and health insurance for costs.

I know going through the injury lawyer I will receive a good chunk of money because I was not at fault but are there cons of going that route as opposed to just having my insurance handle everything?

I've been told insurance companies will try to keep their costs low and as a result you end up not getting everything deserved therefore you must have an attorney who will be on your side and fight for you.

What are your thoughts? Planning on following though with an attorney (a good friend recommended through experience) tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear this, and hope your injuries heal quickly. I was broad-sided badly while stopped at a light, so I understand your dilemma. Unfortunately, in my case, I was hit by an uninsured motorist who immediately filed for bankruptcy following the accident. It still angers me to think about it. No advice for you, but I do hope everything works out well for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics