• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iTunes, more like iJackOff

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had never used iTunes before. Actually, I tried once but I hated it immediately. Can't view by folder structure, **** has to be added to your library first, etc. But whatever, I won a free iPad in a drawing at work, so now I have to use it.

I install the program and let the file detection/library import do its thing. My three-year-old is waiting while watching cartoons because he wants to see this thing work. I start clicking around to see what I can import to my iPad, and I find the movies library is just chock full of Appreciation thumbnails. That's all there is in it. It's my Appreciation of course, but the library didn't import any of my real movies or TV episodes, just my Appreciation collection.

I start panicking, so I click on one of the movies to see if there's an option to remove it from the library. And the ******* thing starts playing. A black dude and some guy's white wife. I start clicking around to see how to get rid of it, but surprise! Full ******* screen. Naked white wife showing her ass in front of a naked hood ass black dude.

My wife starts coming down the stairs and I'm thinking 'oh no oh no,' so i just closed the program

"Did you get the ipad set up?"

"It imported all my Appreciation, you have to take our son upstairs so I can fix this."

It didn't import any of my videos from the folder titled Videos. It only imported the Appreciation from a really obscure hidden folder. It's as if iTunes was programmed to embarass me.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was a good laugh.

But I agree; iTunes is total BS, especially on Windows.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Man, that's a big improvement over the damn iphone.
wow.gif
I have to convert my videos over to an apple-friendly format
angry.gif
and THEN I import them into iTunes
mwink[1].gif
at which time I then pull them over to iphone.
dozingoff.gif

The upside is that I totally avoid the
shog[1].gif
unless I leave my drive(s) laying about.
facepalm.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the morning laugh, Dedalus! Two nights ago my sister-in-law tried to help my daughter upload a song -- one song -- to her iPod. POW! Everything that was already there was erased, and a large portion of her OWN song library (it was on her computer) was automatically uploaded to my daughter's player. This is a woman who has done a tone of uploading/downloading on MP3 players. iTunes was also a pain **********.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Sorry to hear it was so traumatic, but thanks for sharing. I needed a good laugh this morning.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like iAwesome.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
haha, thats funny. yeah itunes does suck pretty much but you're basically forced to use it if you have an apple device. the one and probably only good thing about it though are the smart playlists you can create with it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What was the title of the Appreciation?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Thanks for the morning laugh, Dedalus! Two nights ago my sister-in-law tried to help my daughter upload a song -- one song -- to her iPod. POW! Everything that was already there was erased, and a large portion of her OWN song library (it was on her computer) was automatically uploaded to my daughter's player. This is a woman who has done a tone of uploading/downloading on MP3 players. iTunes was also a pain **********.

user error

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rockbox your iPod. Or use something else. Many many programs now work with iPods and don't suck at it.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Man, that's a big improvement over the damn iphone.
wow.gif
I have to convert my videos over to an apple-friendly format
angry.gif
and THEN I import them into iTunes
mwink[1].gif
at which time I then pull them over to iphone.
dozingoff.gif
The upside is that I totally avoid the
shog[1].gif
unless I leave my drive(s) laying about.
facepalm.gif

I don't know if iPad is any better. A lot of my movies/TV, I didn't have to convert, but I think they just happened to be apple-friendly. Luckily, I just discovered Air Video and VNC: http://gizmodo.com/5519283/how-to-ac...r-from-an-ipad I think you can do this with iPhone too.
Originally Posted by Teacher
I guess I should remember not to connect someone else's device to my computer or connect the iPad to someone else's computer.
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
What was the title of the Appreciation?
I don't remember the exact title, but thank God wifey didn't see my Appreciation library. **** like: white wife pounded by BBC girl anal deflowered midget female sucks and ***** female squirting and pissing herself creampie collection It all sounds really horrible when I think about it from an outsider's perspective. Pretty sure I would have gotten the same disgusted look as that time I asked her to fart in my face through her panties.
Originally Posted by deadly7
Rockbox your iPod. Or use something else. Many many programs now work with iPods and don't suck at it.
Oh ****, I'd read about Rockbox before but forgot about it since it was irrelevant to my needs. Thanks, definitely going to do this.

tricota

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with it, but than I only have an iPod, so there is really no reason to upload any videos.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the worst thing about ipod or ipad products is importing pictures. the program has to process each picture which takes almost a day. then dont use that harddrive anymore and put anything you had on the new harddrive. now you either have to process ALL pictures again or your computer tells you everytime you connect that your ipod is broken ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics