ITT: Your Christmas Haul

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kwilkinson, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Not a shabby Christmas. Got way more than I asked for (asked for two things).

Californication Season 3 (got two copies... Sigh)
    Inception DVD
    Two Ralph Laruen pj/lounge pants
    Two nice ties
    Two Imaginary Foundation tees
    Socks
    GCs to Target

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Got a beautiful colored and patterned pocketsquare.

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Honestly, I'm starting to think I'm an asshole. I almost never like any of the gifts I get. I have everything I need and I usually just buy everything I want that costs under a grand. So, unless someone wants to spend some serous money they're basically wasting their time. I think I'm just going to tell people to make charitable donations on my behalf from now on.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

20,000 yen.

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

[​IMG]

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

OK so this is strange... I get home and there is a wrapped gift on our porch. The card says "For you on our Lord's birthday". I was like, well that's strange as my roommate isn't religious and my religious friends would have at least addressed it to me. I open the card it says "suprise [sic]! I've been blessed w/many things this tear & wanted to randomly share this, this year. Have a Bless [sic[ 2011 <3 Ben.

The gift was a set of cocktail glasses and a nice glass pitcher. Obviously very strange. Not sure what to make of it.

Honestly, I'm starting to think I'm an asshole. I almost never like any of the gifts I get. I have everything I need and I usually just buy everything I want that costs under a grand. So, unless someone wants to spend some serous money they're basically wasting their time. I think I'm just going to tell people to make charitable donations on my behalf from now on.

good luck. see my earlier post. im the same way.

7. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Got $100 and a pair of Chucks. Don't really expect to get anything for Christmas anymore, I'm 28.

8. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

A CARTON OF CIGARETTES! really all I got was a Zegna tie from a coworker who has the hots for me.

9. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

my first real pots and pans
    Becker bk2
    random clothes
    wine
    pajmas
    wool hiking socks

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

A CARTON OF CIGARETTES!

Smoke up Johnny!

11. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

Brooks Brothers and Southern Proper bow ties
    Brooks dress trousers
    Brooks, Polo, and Lacoste shirts
    North Face jacket
    New Balance 993s
    Patagonia ski gloves
    W's Decision Points
    Lodge cast-iron skillet
    Flannel sheets
    Bottle of Makers Mark
    Practical odds and ends to bring back to school (laundry detergent, corkscrew, et cetera)

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Had a ballin Christmas this year, had a great Christmas dinner on Friday evening and then later my girl and I did a gift exchange, since me and the lady don't get each other gifts during the year really. I got her the iPad, a Staub cocotte, some ceramic mini-cocottes, and some teddy bears she wanted; she got me a bottle of scotch and a pair of Crockett and Jones, she definitely knows what I like, and everything was huge surprise for each other so that worked out nicely. [​IMG] She's going to Japan in a couple weeks and will bring me back a few bottles of whiskey I want then too and maybe some clothes, so it's gonna be like Christmas again in a month. [​IMG] I got tickets to go see Clapton in February for us earlier in the month, so that was kind of like an early Christmas present she knew about already. We'll be in the front for that. I got a little money from my family as well, thinking I will spend it on finishing out some MC outfits, maybe get some cloth lengths and some neckties and PS's to get all MC in 2011. [​IMG] Christmas was my birthday as well, so she took me out for a $1200 dinner and some drinks after that, which I posted to WAYET. [​IMG] Had a bottle of Taittinger, drank a couple Japanese whiskeys, and my favorite bartenders hooked it up for my birthday and broke out the Ron Zacapa XO, they poured me several free drinks and me and the staff got to shooting liquor together for my birthday as the rest of the customers filed out for the night. I definitely went home feelin nice and it was a great evening, belly full of foie gras and truffles, some great champagne and spirits. One of my best Christmas/birthdays ever.

13. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

OK so this is strange... I get home and there is a wrapped gift on our porch. The card says "For you on our Lord's birthday". I was like, well that's strange as my roommate isn't religious and my religious friends would have at least addressed it to me. I open the card it says "suprise [sic]! I've been blessed w/many things this tear & wanted to randomly share this, this year. Have a Bless [sic[ 2011 <3 Ben. The gift was a set of cocktail glasses and a nice glass pitcher. Obviously very strange. Not sure what to make of it. good luck. see my earlier post. im the same way.
    My Church used to do this. I got : some letterpress posters a draplin cuspid cleaner and coin pouch complete national geographic on dvd/cd-rom a vintage book of Scottish Tartans several vintage games (I collect & sell) a shitload of Coca-Cola itunes/amazon.com giftcards chocolate covered espresso beans

14. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Senior member

I was actually very surprised by what all I ended up with this year. I received a lot of hand tools and wood carving supplies, which was great, but I was also pleasantly surprised to receive a wine fridge, Blu Ray player, some great books, a couple of movies, and a few gift cards.

15. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Fiancee got me this. Fucking WIN.