1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ITT: We recommend... if you like brand X, you might try brand Y.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 22, 2011.

1. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

^^ Those, and Sophnet, Uniform Experiment, OF....pretty much the whole lineup at a place like Haven may be to your liking.

2. Addahn

Addahn Well-Known Member

Supreme is cool, so is Uniform experiment. Visvim is amazing I got this full lamb leather varsity from them, wore it drunk last weekend and made a tiny rip at the shoulder :-(
    Those brands seem to be assosiated with the japanese streetware scene but arent really "like" them. I guess Im asking for brands with a simmilar biker/preppy/english/military/americana type mash up.

3. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

if you like yohji try thamanyah

4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

This is really a great thread. Thanks LA guy.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If you like Needles, you will probably like Monitaly. Yuki is getting crazy with his wool bomber (hard to describe except to say that it is like a bulkier 5 zip, with a shawl collar). The first year I saw it, it was in a light grey wool with a scarlet lining. Then, it was grey wool with a leopard lining. This coming FW, the dude did it in camo in different colors. There are pants to match. I could wear one, but not with the other. Pretty sure that Yuki could pull off the whole thing.

Of you like Post O'alls, you'll probably like Bleu de Paname.

if you like down jackets, and have $3500 or so to spare, you will like Brunello Cucinelli's version, which is tremendous, and also tremendously expensive.

6. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

if you like jil, you might like yang li

7. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

If you like Schneider, check out Woo Young Mi. In person, if not from the WYM runway shows, the clothes share a lot of similar qualities.

8. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

thanks for this rec, her stuff looks great.

any recs for somewhat-unknown japanese brand(s) for the knit enthusiast?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  9. blahiya

blahiya Active Member

Just got my Gilt order delivered for 3 Gant shirts. LOVING them! Any other brands to look out for? The fabric is just soo nice feeling and fit is almost spot on except for the length.

10. ji12

ji12 Member

^ Gant isn't very special, but I'm sure that you'll find which other brands might be good for you. Wolf vs goat maybe?

If you like Jil Sander, you might like Collection of Style. It's cheaper but its quality is usually rather good.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  11. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

If you like Wings + Horns, you might like Paolo Pecora.

If you like the high quality fleecewear stuff that various japanese brands bring out, you might like Crossley.

12. pickpackpockpuck

if you like KVA, you might want to check out Lee Roach. He's a recent grad, but you can find a few things on The Corner.

13. pickpackpockpuck

if you like Dries, you may like Emiliano Rinaldi. LN-CC carries the line. I just happened to see some in person recently and the tailoring, colors, and fabrics reminded me of Dries.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

To revive this thread.

If you like Barena, you will like Harris Wharf London. A little more tailored, and a smaller range of offerings, but the cardigan/blazers are on par, and the finishing is in many ways, nicer, for a slightly lower price. I think that they are in their 3rd season right now. In the US, they are carried at Barneys, but not really anywhere else, that I've found.

I've become a big fan of the cardigan/sportsjacket, since you can get a bit more structure, and they look a whole lot better with jeans than a structured sportsjacket.

15. muziq925

muziq925 Senior member

16. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

love the boots