1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ITT: We are in middle school again (or early-mid 90s appreciation threak)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MetroStyles, May 1, 2011.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

[​IMG]

luv you sonik, and this thread but that was post #5 on page 1. lets try to push ourselves for new material, or at least preface with a disclaimer [​IMG]

for example i dont know if this was posted, i honestly dont remember. but it scared the shit out of me so bad i had to sleep in my parents room that night, and my mom sat by the bed till i fell asleep with the light on. true story, i was 14 at the time i think

[​IMG]

2. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

W/e:

[​IMG]

I used to play with these all the time. Also, my cousin and I would get together and make elaborate movies featuring our ponies. I also once got kind of turned on watching a My Little Ponies movie where the main ponies get kidnapped and forced into sweatshop-like slavery...

ANYWAY. I loved ponies.

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Ugh you are such a homo, tg.

4. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

Whatever, what did you play...Game Gear!?

5. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

6. in stitches

some more awesome personal 90s memories

above with my cousin and his friend (notice the reebok pumps and loony toons shirt), and below with mighty duck hat and jean shirt FTW!!
    [​IMG]

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I have purchased nearly every toy and/or gadget in this thread.
    Unfortunately, the end-user was one of the RubeBabes™, confirming once again that I am old enough to be your father.

8. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

[​IMG]

^you had to walk carefully or else it would skip even with "read forward" features.

nice one.

I also owned that one.

with mighty duck hat and jean shirt FTW!!
    [​IMG]

I had that exact same Mighty Ducks hat!

Here's some more movies that I just remembered about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my favorite scenes from City Slickers 2
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

[​IMG]

And how can we forget this early 90's feel good movie?!
    [​IMG]

9. in stitches

free willy produced more penis joakes than any movie all time [​IMG]

10. willpower

willpower Senior member

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

12. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Senior member

[​IMG]

Thank you for that.

This thread seems to be missing this
    [​IMG]

and this
    [​IMG]

13. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

And how can we forget this early 90's feel good movie?!

Blackfyre will agree with this "90s feel good movie," starring Dennis Quaid and Sean Connery (and some pretty cutting edge CGI)
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

14. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

i still have mine somewhere. the pog brand were the best. if i find 'em ill post pics [​IMG]

I dunno, "8 balls" and "Poison" pogs were pretty hot too.

15. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

[​IMG]

Motherfucker!!! I forgot all about that!

Here was my favorite game for the 3DO (granted this is the CD-Rom cover, couldn't find the 3DO's). The graphics were something else!
    [​IMG]

16. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Anyone else play this game?

17. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Anyone else play this game?

[​IMG] All the time!

18. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

[​IMG] All the time!

NICE. I remember that game being SO frustrating. Just finding your way around and angling properly to kill the dinosaurs [​IMG]

All those feelings came rushing back after watching the video.

19. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

20. robbie

robbie Senior member

ohh shit, pogs.

I remember blowing so much allowance on Pogs. They were like a penny a piece for the longest time I had one of the HUGE lava tubes (I think thats what they called it).

A friend had the best slammer ever. I think he used 2 or maybe even 3 susan b anthony coins and bonded them together w/ JB Weld or something crazy like that.

I remember Apollo 13 came out and Hardee's released like 90 pogs or something crazy over the summer. They'd release 12 each week, and the pogs came with a part for this HUGE apollo 13 rocket pog holder. I think I still have mine somewhere.

They were really the hugest rip off ever, but it was fun.