• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ITT: Barware, Cocktail Accessories, Bitters, etc.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Oh, ok. Well, then enjoy the glasses. And don't you dare dropping them! ;)
Well, can't you just say those six glasses were six gifts à 60$ and therefore not to be reported? Or are there specific rules, like all gifts from the same person in between 24 hours accumulate to one gift? :laugh:

The law specifically prohibits dividing a gift into segments to skirt the ban. And again, I want to go overboard because eventually, I'll have to investigate someone over this same issue.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well then $99 meat installments should be A-OK since they aren't designed to skirt the ban but rather to guarantee meat freshness!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Fee Brothers Old Fashioned Bitters. Not bad if you can find 'em for $5-7 a bottle. I'm enjoying them with Canadian whisky and diet lime coke. Will try with a manhattan this weekend.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dude, why Diet lime Coke in a mixed drink with the good stuff? That's like putting a fat, over the hill woman in the latest runway fashions and then adding the it bags and then throwing the hot dog down the hallway. The aftertaste of Diet Coke is wretched, might as well sub some natural sparkling water.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I have to agree with Drew...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I love lime diet coke. I find regular coke to have this weird feeling as if my teeth get coated with something. I also find it overly sweet. I find lime diet Coke to be as valid a mixer as any soft drink.

So added to my barware tonight four matching glasses we thrifted today:

A584E15A-702F-4B5F-97EE-4B72A20CF7C9-1765-000000E539DFEBEB.jpg

Exact correct size for classic cocktail recipes. They have etched little designs and we're quite happy with them.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry guys but I love lime diet coke. I find regular coke to have this weird feeling as if my teeth get coated with something. I also find it overly sweet. I find lime diet Coke to be as valid a mixer as any soft drink.

Well, that's fine then, because what you like is all that matters when you drink it. :)
I personally don't like the taste of aspartame, saccharin, Acesulfame K at all (taste, mouthfeel, aftertaste -- and possible health risk? other discussion though). Sometimes I think Coke is far too sweet too (which it, theoretically, always is), but sometimes I love me some Coke. And when you make a Cuba Libre or so with it, the lime and white rum balances it out. Anyway, enjoy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So I about emptied my cask last night serving friends. It was delicious. I had been kicking around doing a Sazerac this time around but this was just so good. So filled it with Wiser's 8 year old and Noilly Pratt sweet. Instead of VTR bitters I used Fee Brothers Old Fashioned this time. Will taste over TG and it should be ready for Xmas. Think I'm buying another cask.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out (and you didn't have to drink it alone).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, it was magic in a glass. Thinking about getting a 3 litre this time so I can put a full 60 ouncer of spirit in with a 750 ml of modifier. What I would love to get, but it would be too much work to keep all these barrels full, is this:

d60b5c56f3a9d070b28de51dbf15b3cd.jpg

Think I'll just stick with two though. When this 2 litre wears out I'll replace it with a 3 litre too.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Yeah, it was magic in a glass. Thinking about getting a 3 litre this time so I can put a full 60 ouncer of spirit in with a 750 ml of modifier. What I would love to get, but it would be too much work to keep all these barrels full, is this:
d60b5c56f3a9d070b28de51dbf15b3cd.jpg

Think I'll just stick with two though. When this 2 litre wears out I'll replace it with a 3 litre too.

you know if you get from mexico those barrels are considerably cheaper...about 10 usd for a 1 litre and you cane any symobol you want burnt onto it

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't have any purveyor there though. And at $60 or so to get what I want shipped to me it's not a big investment.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a nice mister or atomizer to use for things like Absinthe to mist the top of the drink and ice cubes. Anyone have a link to a nice one? I've found nothing on Amazon I want. I don't want one you have to pump like those one for olive oil I see. I want a trigger pump action.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm trying to find a nice mister or atomizer to use for things like Absinthe to mist the top of the drink and ice cubes. Anyone have a link to a nice one? I've found nothing on Amazon I want. I don't want one you have to pump like those one for olive oil I see. I want a trigger pump action.

What qualifies as 'nice' here? I'd think a little plastic atomizer like you'd use for perfume would get the job done, and for less than $2.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads