1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

It's raining, it's pouring: An informal poll

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mbc, Apr 3, 2006.

1. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Those are gorgeous Matt. Are they bespoke?

I think that this would be a nice starter pair for you...[​IMG]

2. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

In reply to the original question, if I am not going to be negotiating puddles or flowing gutters any of my decent dress casual shoes with a rubber sole--I am wearing my brown Ferragamo Streams right now sinc there has been a threat of rain all day here.

If it's really pouring with floodlike conditions, I'll wear cheaper shoes I don't value so much--Clarks, Rockport, Timberland, H. Trask, that sort of thing.

3. ted

ted Senior member

I have a pair of old Sperry topsiders I wear when it rains (but I do change into good shoes once I get to work).

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

Pair of cheapo Rockports.

And with that, I bring down the average value of the shoes in this thread considerably.

Ditto. If it's not raining too hard, or I need to look just a little dressier, I have a pair of Bruno Magli chelsea boots that seem at least semi-waterproof.

Now, snow is a different story. I have nothing to wear in snow, so I need a decent pair of winter boots sometime before next November or December.