1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

It's good to be Tom Cruise

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Ambulance Chaser, Apr 28, 2005.

1. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

3. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

(j @ June 13 2005,14:51) Girl, lose that zero and get with the hero.
    Do we have another Vanilla Ice fan here?
    Was this a quote from "Cool as Ice"? If so, nicely done.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

5. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior member

The nipped waist makes him look feminine. Signed, Policy

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

7. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

One thing in common with Bennifer; I'm sick of reading/hearing about them.

koji

8. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Whew. I got the hell out of Paris just in time.

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Interesting story about Cruise's alleged attempt to woo Scarlett Johansson

10. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Hmmm... I guess it's a thing, proposing atop the Eiffel Tower. A former student of mine (an American, of course) proposed to his wife there two years ago.

11. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

Apparently Katie Holmes will not be reprising her role as the assistant DA in the sequel to Batman Begins - I don't know if it's because she was by far the weakest actor in the movie or because of the Cruise thing, but I'm happy either way. http://www.southflorida.com/movies....adlines

12. ernest

ernest Senior member

This girl is dull and seems to be stupid as she is going to marry and to adopt the "religion" of a guy she met 2 months ago. I wouldn't like to be Tom Cruise actually. He already failed 2 marriages and he is too famous to have a normal life. I don't know if you imagine how it can be an handicape to be famous. You can not live normaly. You must have bodyguards whatever you do. You have no privacy. His life must be hell. His only free air = internet May be he is here...

13. Horace

Horace Senior member

I just got wind of all this Cruise business -- his flipping out on harpO and whatnot --- this talk about colons, etc etc. I wonder if he and Shooman are one in the same?

14. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

Ernest,

That's an inchoate argument about Katie Holmes. Before she became a movie star, she had been accepted into an Ivy League University.

And, don't you think she also has some limitation on her privacy as well before she met Tom Cruise? She was already a star from TV for quite a number of years as well as acted in quite a number of movies at this point. Everybody would recognize her when she goes out.

I think everybody is being unfairly critical about Tom Cruise. If I was with Katie Holmes, I'd be jumping up and down as well. And, shouting I loved her.

15. faustian bargain

i don't really care much about his goofiness on oprah, that's just a sideline to me. i'm more concerned, or amused rather, about his behaviour as a puppet of scientology.

however i do think that the oprah event points out a change in public persona that cannot be ignored, and it is worth speculating the reasons, vis-a-vis the ostensibly careful control he exerts over the image he presents to the public, and the possible relationship of that image to the selling of scientology.

16. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

It's a freakshow, man.

17. Horace

Horace Senior member

(Ambulance Chaser @ June 17 2005,09:10) Interesting story about Cruise's alleged attempt to woo Scarlett Johansson
    It's a freakshow, man.
    Yeah, it's creepy.

18. faustian bargain

(Ambulance Chaser @ June 17 2005,09:10) Interesting story about Cruise's alleged attempt to woo Scarlett Johansson
    It's a freakshow, man.
    yyyyikes.

19. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

And now we are linking to Fox News???? Home of fair and balanced media huh. This is how Rome fell........

20. faustian bargain

i think the scientologists invented a time machine and went back to hasten Rome's decline.