It's good to be Tom Cruise

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Ambulance Chaser, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

2. itzamazing

itzamazing Senior member

His PR people are good, aren't they? I wonder who cooked this one up....... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Thank goodness she's single again. She should have made the attractive women list too.

With her playing the role of beard, she'll get an oscar before 35. Write it down, that's the payoff.

4. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

I would've loved to be involved with the contract negotiations between his attorney and hers'. The confidentiality agreement alone must be priceless.

5. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Funny how the both have movies coming out this summer... and this happens to come out.

6. Ambulance Chaser

As Tom Cruise's counsel, I will take this opportunity to reiterate that TOM LIKES THE LADIES.  Anyone who suggests otherwise will be served shortly.

7. Patrick Bateman

LOL--

No, TC emphatically does NOT make his male lovers sign lengthy non-disclosure agreements with ruinous financial penalties should they talk to the press. No way. That's not his thing, at all. And he does not pay starlets whose careers are moving in reverse a salary to show up at premieres with him. Absolutely not.

8. Patrick Bateman

Although Nicole had to wait until she was almost 36. Mimi Rogers never got anything except $$$. Penelope will never win an Oscar until she starts sleeping with some powerful people rather than just pretending to date them. And her current Sahara boy-toy ain't gonna cut it.

9. Patrick Bateman

10. countdemoney

You have to admit it's perfect for her. She comes out of a five year relationship and needs a break from men for awhile. . .

Gets to go to some exotic places, gets her picture in all the magazines, has someone she can talk shoes with. Cruise is probably a nice guy, so he wouldn't be that difficult to hang out with.

I have to say that as much as I love katie, she hasn't been the same since the nose job.

11. StagRaven

StagRaven Well-Known Member

I can attest to the fact that Tom is an awesome guy to speak with. He is very knowledgable on many subjects, and always has something to add to a conversation. Personally, I also appreciated the fact that when Scientology did become the topic at hand, he handled it very casually. He answered the basic questions, suggested some reading, and generally didn't try to shove anything down anyone's throat 'since it came up'. I also enjoyed that he will recommend individual movies he's done, and not give the old line that they are 'all good in their own ways'.

12. countdemoney

I don't mean to disagree with what you're saying, but I am curious. Now that he's very established, does he get a better cut on some of his movies? For example, if you watch an Inside the Actors Studio with a Clint Eastwood or Redford, they will always focus more on the works that they own, vs ones where they were meat puppets. This is true even in cases where their name was made by starring in another movie.

Nothing personal against cruise, I'd try to make a buck too, just wanting to know if he's following a similar path.

13. StagRaven

StagRaven Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying, but I really didn't get that feel. It was more along the lines of the ones he enjoyed doing, and that turned out well as a film. Very 'water cooler' type of thing.

Then again, he is an actor. Only he really knows for sure.

14. Ambulance Chaser

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Katie Holmes is dating Tom Waits??

Oh...

That would be cooler.