• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's getting so hard to find good basic Pocketsquares - good opportunity for somebody

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is so hard these days to find simple classic pocket squares online and I think there's a real opportunity for somebody to fill it (Sam Hober, HowardYount, FourinHand, KentWang etc)

I'd love to buy the follow but can't find them anywhere, other than than the navy or light blue versions:

1) gingham in tan, brown, light grey, lavender

2) mini dot in tan, dark brown, navy, and wine and maybe pale orange

3) mini check in tan/white/ blue and navy/white/grey other spring colors

4) prince of wales in brown, blue, grey's and green

5) houndstooth in brown, blue, grey, tan, green, etc

if anyone can cite good sources online or other, I would appreciate it (Robert Talbott aside)

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
It is so hard these days to find simple classic pocket squares online and I think there's a real opportunity for somebody to fill it (Sam Hober, HowardYount, FourinHand, etc) I'd love to buy the follow but can't find them anywhere, other than than the navy or light blue versions: 1) gingham in tan, brown, light grey, lavender 2) mini dot in tan, dark brown, navy, and wine and maybe pale orange 3) mini check in tan/white/ blue and navy/white/grey other spring colors 4) prince of wales in brown, blue, grey's and green 5) houndstooth in brown, blue, grey, tan, green, etc if anyone can cite good sources online or other, I would appreciate it (Robert Talbott aside)
Nor_Cal_1 Good ideas thank you. For #2 do you mean a pin dot? and what would the background color be? We are working on some classic designs for #5 which will be in a heavy English woven silk not a light print. If you could post photos of your other ideas that would help.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sam Hober
Nor_Cal_1

Good ideas thank you.

For #2 do you mean a pin dot? and what would the background color be?

If you could post photos of your other ideas that would help.

the number of dots and spacing is something that's debatable, but it seems everybody makes a pindot with too many dots which makes them distracting and ruins their elegance (and makes them look cheap, imho)

Brown with white dots
Tan with white dots
Navy with white dots
Medium grey with white dots
Wine with white dots
Olive wth wite dots
Hunter green with white dots

Brown with light blue dots
Navy with light blue dots
Green with light blue dots

Brown with cream dots
Navy with cream dots
Wine with cream dots

something this these (Nicky Milano) would be nice in different color backgrounds

pocketsq_linen_nadot_450.jpg

pocketsq_linen_whdot_450.jpg

adagio

Reaction score
[QUOTE

1) gingham in tan, brown, light grey, lavender

2) mini dot in tan, dark brown, navy, and wine and maybe pale orange

3) mini check in tan/white/ blue and navy/white/grey other spring colors

4) prince of wales in brown, blue, grey's and green

5) houndstooth in brown, blue, grey, tan, green, etc

if anyone can cite good sources online or other, I would appreciate it (Robert Talbott aside)[/quote]

Kent Wang has some gingham, minidot, houndstooth, etc., and at about 1/3 of the price of those Nicky Milano's.

Here's the URL http://www.kentwang.com/catalog.php

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adagio

Kent Wang has some gingham, minidot, houndstooth, etc., and at about 1/3 of the price of those Nicky Milano's.

Here's the URL http://www.kentwang.com/catalog.php

only a couple are the right colors and the pindots have too many dots, but hopefully he joins the discussion because there's a real lack of classics being made these days and he can certainly fill the void if he chooses

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pretty good ideas. If I can find those fabrics for sale in short lengths I'd go for it, but I haven't seen them. Unfortunately I don't think the designs would be popular enough to justify the cost of getting a custom design woven, which requires high minimums.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I support this initiative. And would add a 1 or 2-color linen floral to the wish list, please.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben Silver has a lot of nice pocket squares. I havent been on their site in forever. These are really good for a jacket: http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...y=8090&group=3 And the pink one with the blue border is hawt. Unfortunately they seem to be out of them http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...y=6836&group=4 Hmm, nice silks with white grounds and some color although I dunno bout this silk-cotton combo business: http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...y=6875&group=3 Maybe the all silk ones: http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...y=6843&group=4

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
It is so hard these days to find simple classic pocket squares online and I think there's a real opportunity for somebody to fill it (Sam Hober, HowardYount, FourinHand, KentWang etc)
I've seen several Polo squares in POW prints. I have two--one in blue and one in lavender. And, for what it's worth, I have a Kent Wang square in lavender gingham. Here it is in full deployment:
hpim1473dr0.jpg

senator1214

Reaction score
I will be out with my line of fine neckwear (handmade, woven and sewn in England and pocketsquares this fall. We are currently sourcing our poketsquare fabric now. Any suggestions?

Those interested send me a pm so I can keep you all posted.

Be Well
Senator

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by senator1214
I will be out with my line of fine neckwear (handmade, woven and sewn in England and pocketsquares this fall. We are currently sourcing our poketsquare fabric now. Any suggestions?

Those interested send me a pm so I can keep you all posted.

Be Well
Senator

post it here so everybody can see them and we can provide feedback

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads