1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

It's College Football Season boys!!!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by TexasLidig8r, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ohm

ohm Senior member

What's everyone thought on the Heisman this year? Are they going to give it Colt, out of pity?[​IMG]

Anyone have a comment on last years Heisman?

I think they'll give it to Colt. Both out of pity and because the kid can play. Plus everyone is tired of hearing about Tebow and Bradford just got injured. That said, Javid Best's performance was pretty outstanding.

2. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

The 4th quarter belongs to Miami

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'm predicting an Ohio State upset over USC.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

OSU's chances of upsetting USC is about the same as Indiana upsetting OSU a month from now.[​IMG]

5. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

I hope so [​IMG]

6. Unbreakable

I think they'll give it to Colt. Both out of pity and because the kid can play. Plus everyone is tired of hearing about Tebow and Bradford just got injured. That said, Javid Best's performance was pretty outstanding.

Do you feel that Bradford deserved it last year, or Colt? Personally I feel neither one, but thats just me, I think the whole Heisman thing is skewed being as it should be voted on after all the bowl games.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You're going down Monday night
    The U is awful. Just complete crap. Worst fan base in football and Randy Shannon, while certainly a nice guy, is a shitty coach.
    [​IMG]
    This

8. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Senior member

Do you feel that Bradford deserved it last year, or Colt? Personally I feel neither one, but thats just me, I think the whole Heisman thing is skewed being as it should be voted on after all the bowl games.

If not Bradford or Colt.. who deserved it last year and why?

9. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

[​IMG] The new shirt for OU fans.

10. Unbreakable

If not Bradford or Colt.. who deserved it last year and why?

Ive drank the Tebow koolaid, been a fan ever since 06. He did lead his team to a National Title, the guy has class and talent (even his crying speech, he backed his words up). That being said thats why I'd like it if the heisman was awarded after all the bowl games. Things change quickly, just take Saban for example he got coach of the year last year, only to lose the two most important games of the year.

But thats just how I feel, I know most of the people hate Tebow, especially everyone I know in TN, so college football seaon is touchy around these parts lol.

11. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Senior member

Ive drank the Tebow koolaid, been a fan ever since 06. He did lead his team to a National Title, the guy has class and talent (even his crying speech, he backed his words up). That being said thats why I'd like it if the heisman was awarded after all the bowl games. Things change quickly, just take Saban for example he got coach of the year last year, only to lose the two most important games of the year.

But thats just how I feel, I know most of the people hate Tebow, especially everyone I know in TN, so college football seaon is touchy around these parts lol.

Tebow had the advantage of a great defense and some strong playmakers on offense. You putt Colt or Bradford on that Florida team last year and their numbers are off the chart.

Oh.. I agree that the Heisman should be awarded after bowl games. (That way, Vince would have the one he so rightly deserved and not Bush).

12. Unbreakable

Yes, agree totally on Vince.

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Great game between Clemson and Georgia Tech right now, they're tied at 27 with a minute left in the game.

14. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Senior member

dan hawkins will be looking for a new job at the end of the season. disaster.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Good game going on between Fresno St. at Wisconsin.

16. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

what a choke job by Okie State, losing at home to an unranked team

17. MsMcGillicuddy

MsMcGillicuddy Senior member

UW Huskies broke their losing streak. Excellent.

18. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

what a choke job by Okie State, losing at home to an unranked team
    My other Alma Mater. Go Coogs! Don't we play your Raiders in a week or two?

19. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Watching the 'Noles struggle past Jax State 19-9 was humiliating. Another long season.

Listening to Bobby Bowden say in the post-game interview, three times, that we played "Troy State" was pretty awful too.

20. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

My other Alma Mater. Go Coogs! Don't we play your Raiders in a week or two?

We play Texas next week then the Coogs the week after. I'll probably get suite tickets to watch the Houston game.