1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

It's College Football Season boys!!!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by TexasLidig8r, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Korben

Korben Senior member

And he doesn't even have a proven track record as a head coach! They are taking a huge chance on him. Crazy.

I heard they went after Jon Gruden first but he turned them down...?

2. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

hahahahaha Kippy Brown bailed on UT and went to the Seahawks. And just a few days ago this man was preaching about how great UT how much he loves it. Some loyalty he has, he didnt get the head coach job and gets pissed and leaves. Good riddance, you arrogant smug son of a bitch. Mike Hamilton made a good call for once.

I felt Dooley had a good speech considering how quick everything fell into his lap, I'm not a UT fan by any means, but I think this guys has what it takes to do a fine job. I think I'll try to get everyone to start calling him Coach DD, sounds better than Dooley to me. lol

3. Korben

Korben Senior member

hahahahaha Kippy Brown bailed on UT and went to the Seahawks. And just a few days ago this man was preaching about how great UT how much he loves it. Some loyalty he has, he didnt get the head coach job and gets pissed and leaves. Good riddance, you arrogant smug son of a bitch. Mike Hamilton made a good call for once.

I felt Dooley had a good speech considering how quick everything fell into his lap, I'm not a UT fan by any means, but I think this guys has what it takes to do a fine job. I think I'll try to get everyone to start calling him Coach DD, sounds better than Dooley to me. lol

+1

I really did like his speech. I hope he does a good job.

4. Big A

Big A Senior member

Are you mental? Brown had been on the job for all of a month. It's fair to assume that everything Kiffin told him to lure him there turned out to be false. Also, I didn't hear Brown's name seriously mentioned for the job EVER. Even the crazy lady in the Vols camo who hangs out across from Calhoun's didn't think he had a chance.

What I want to know is (1) how Kiffin got away with not bringing his bro-in-law, David Reaves, with him (awkward Thanksgiving, anyone?) and (2) why the "Kiffin likes to fuck co-eds in his downtown shag pad" stories are just breaking now.

For reference: http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ying-lame.html

5. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

Are you mental? Brown had been on the job for all of a month. It's fair to assume that everything Kiffin told him to lure him there turned out to be false. Also, I didn't hear Brown's name seriously mentioned for the job EVER. Even the crazy lady in the Vols camo who hangs out across from Calhoun's didn't think he had a chance.

What I want to know is (1) how Kiffin got away with not bringing his bro-in-law, David Reaves, with him (awkward Thanksgiving, anyone?) and (2) why the "Kiffin likes to fuck co-eds in his downtown shag pad" stories are just breaking now.

For reference: http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ying-lame.html

Brown has been at UT a few times before, he thought he shouldve been the front runner, they were down around their 6-7 choice, so if Dooley turned it down, Brown would have been last resort perhaps?

Also I agree on the other two points, Thanksgiving is gonna be weird.

6. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Just read that OSU extended Coach Tressell for another four years. I'm pretty pleased with that. I just wish he would let an offensive coordinator call some plays occasionally.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Just read that OSU extended Coach Tressell for another four years. I'm pretty pleased with that. I just wish he would let an offensive coordinator call some plays occasionally.
    This is a good move, IMO, although I'm surprised it's only four.

8. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

GAHHHHHH!!!!!! i miss football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

GAHHHHHH!!!!!! i miss football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too, I enjoy football more than basketball, but now basketball season is coming to an end. [​IMG]

10. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

I do too.. but it's almost Baseball and Stanley Cup season.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I do too.. but it's almost Baseball and Stanley Cup season.
    I've never been able to enjoy baseball. Too many games to follow.