• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's been posted a million times, but I need help.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
I usually check try to check Urban Outfitters once a month, usually looking for cheap White Label stuff. So while looking at the men's apperel, I discovered that they now carrying 7 for All Mankind. Of course, they have two different washes and I think that I'm going to with the New York Bootcut.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopp...roductID=22529

There's the like if you wanted to see them.

My question is the usual things that people want to know. How to they fit? It says that they run a little tighter and should go up a size. How tight are the is my question. Do they fit like Levi's 517 or like 501s? This is what bothers me. I thried a pair of 31s on a few moths back and the fit like size 30. The only reason why I'm asking this question (and I know that you guys are tried about answering it) is because I think that I might order with in the next couple of weeks. I really want to buy a pair of nudies or PDCs, but as of right now, they are a little of my price range.

I guess that since the 7s are so cheap (well, cheaper than Nudies and PDC) I can afford them. I'm sorry for asking this question that has been asked over a million times, but it would really help me if someone would answer this question. Thanks again guys, you been a really big help for me with getting into the world of fashion.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would suggest against them. I'm no stranger to tight budgets, but I have found 7's denim to be spectacularly unimpressive, and the designs quite garish (less so for the guy's stuff, which I just find generally boring). For the same price, you could get some G Star, which, while not spectacular and still somewhat overpriced, is still much better than 7.

But, really, if you want a pair of Nudies, I'd suggest cutting back somewhere else and buying a pair (Oi Polloi had them for, what, 160 shipped or so?) or just not getting anything at all. Just don't settle.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
I guess you don't remember the G-Star fasico from a few weeks ago that I was involved in. As of now, I'm not even going near G-star. I'll check Oi Polloi out, but I think the shipping would be a little out much for me.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh? I must've missed that.

For the same price, notably, you can also get a pair of APCs, if that's what you're looking for. At the very least, you aren't far from NYC. Just go to an Urban Outfitters and try stuff on. Beats dealing with their shipping, by far.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Or I could go up to Nordstrom and try a pair on and then decide if I really want to buy them. Then a few weeks later, I could go and pick up a pair.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Huh? I must've missed that.
Actually, I just realized what you were talking about. I thought you meant the G Star store. What you had wasn't a problem with G Star. What you had was a problem with Marshall's. It's just how that store works. You have to roll with what you get. Hell, if you were really dedicated, you could have bought that pair of jeans, returned it, bought it again, returned it, bought it again, and taken it to a tailor and had a pair of damn good jeans for $20. Marshall's marks things down every time you return it, and no one wants jeans with a missing button. As for G Star as a brand, there's a store in SoHo. I suggest you give it a try if you like the G Star aesthetic. As noted, there's better quality stuff to be had in the around the same price range, but if 7s are your benchmark, G Star's Colmer denim is stitched from the shroud of Turin and riveted with Jesus giggles. [edit] For what it's worth, I tried on a dry pair of (I think?) G Star's Ruger cut, and I think it's my favorite in my limited experience. I was surprised. [edit 2] Maybe it was the Core Somethingorother cut. They really were not very clear about that, and their website is even more useless than Rogan's. That is an accomplishment.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Actually, I just realized what you were talking about. I thought you meant the G Star store. What you had wasn't a problem with G Star. What you had was a problem with Marshall's. It's just how that store works. You have to roll with what you get.

Hell, if you were really dedicated, you could have bought that pair of jeans, returned it, bought it again, returned it, bought it again, and taken it to a tailor and had a pair of damn good jeans for $20. Marshall's marks things down every time you return it, and no one wants jeans with a missing button.

As for G Star as a brand, there's a store in SoHo. I suggest you give it a try if you like the G Star aesthetic. As noted, there's better quality stuff to be had in the around the same price range, but if 7s are your benchmark, G Star's Colmer denim is stitched from the shroud of Turin and riveted with Jesus giggles.

Allright, that is the best denim description I have heard in a while, LOL. We need to contact Koji, make an advertisement jingle out of it
smile.gif

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for a significant discount on some better jeans.. check out revolveclothing. they have a 30% off coupon running right now for first time buyers (check reesycakes) and they carry good stuff. i just picked up a pair of nudies from them.. free 2-3 day fedex, too.. i paid 156.70 total for something i tried on a barneys this weekend with a pricetag of 235+tax.. not a bad bargain.

seen

Reaction score
I dunno if you missed it, there are GStars on urbanoutfitters for about the same price or cheaper than the 7s.

nairb49

Reaction score
Check out supertalk on superfuture.com if you haven't already.

Somone posted a link about RRDS for 95USD, and they are a significantly better jean than sevens or g-star.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna tab super future and do a little search. If the shipping isn't monterous, then I might do it. If not then I'm gonna go and buy the 3 year wash PDC GTOs over at Revolve. With the 30% off, the drop down to $60, which is better the the $100+ they usually are.

nairb49: If you find the link, please post here so we can all enjoy it.

Dill

Reaction score
I have no idea if this is the link they are talking about, but kitchener.ch has Bootcut Olas for ~$100 and RRDS are ~$150. I have no idea how much shipping is though.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If I was looking for cheap jeans, I'd go to Sears, get a pair of raw 501's, rinse them once and just wear the hell out of them.

boston

Reaction score
If you want cheap raw denim, consider 501s or 517s. You can get them for <$30.

I would also get the sanforized ones, *not* shrink to fit, as that's a pain and you don't get that much more out of it.

501s are regular rise straight leg, 517s are regular rise boot cuts (a lot like regular ralphs, actually).

You can also get Levi skinner rigid/raw jeans for about $100. They are boot cut, low rise. They are meant to be slim through seat and thigh, but they are not actually that tight -- they are about as slim cut as gap, slim cut boot leg jeans.

-boston

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm considering the raw Levi's 517s. The sell them at Penny's and I'm starting to relaize that it's the best to stick to American Eagle and Levi's, mainly becasue of the fact that I can afford them and buy them as often as I want. Also, what is the symbol that makes them raw or rigid as the call them. Is it two x's. If some one could post a picture it would help me out a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads