Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

It's been almost 2 months since I wore a tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cuffthis, Oct 22, 2006.

1. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

[​IMG]

and the same time since I wore cufflinks.

[​IMG]

As much as I absolutely, positively DO NOT miss the corporate business world, I do miss dressing for it. Whenever I walk into my dressing room (a converted 3rd floor bedroom), I hear whispers from my suits, ties, cufflinks, suede cap toes saying "we miss you, come back"

2. drax

drax Well-Known Member

[​IMG] sorry to hear of your predicament...when do you expect to get parole?[​IMG]

3. heavyd

heavyd Senior member

[​IMG] sorry to hear of your predicament...when do you expect to get parole?[​IMG]

funny. when i left nyc for chicago and no longer had a dress code, it tooke me a few months of dressing down to dress back up. now i mix it up, cufflinks with sweaters, flannel pants and a jacket, and a suit for meetings. it was a big investment, might as well wear the stuff i figure.

4. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I was in the corporate world for a little while and had to wear a shirt and tie at the very least. I wasn't a head honcho in business meetings so I could wear pretty much whatever I wanted as long as it had a tie.

Quit that job 6 months ago and now have a job where sometimes I need to perform manual labor so I can't really dress up for work at all.

I have a hard time finding time to wear the suits, but I still make it a point to try and wear the shirt and ties, sweaters and sportcoats whenever I go out. I usually try to dress it down a bit too and make the ties look more casual. I figure I spent all this money I might as well wear it.

5. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

I hear whispers from my suits, ties, cufflinks, suede cap toes saying "we miss you, come back"

Is Lincoln in there with a beaver?

I know what you mean, it's tough not being able to wear those things you love.

6. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

What was your career change?

7. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As much as I absolutely, positively DO NOT miss the corporate business world, I do miss dressing for it. Whenever I walk into my dressing room (a converted 3rd floor bedroom), I hear whispers from my suits, ties, cufflinks, suede cap toes saying "we miss you, come back"

Tom, since you're now your own boss, what's stopping you from wearing your suits, ties, cufflinks and cap toes, which you love so much?

8. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Tom, if you want the whispering to stop I know a good home for all those cufflinks, ties and suits...

9. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel your pain... my condoleances...

10. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I'll bet those cufflinks are my size. [​IMG]

11. dusty

dusty Senior member

I can't believe you have a dressing room!

12. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

For some reason, I thought the servers at Domaine Hudson were wearing dress shirts and ties. Shouldn't the owner be just as well dressed?

13. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Tom, since you're now your own boss, what's stopping you from wearing your suits, ties, cufflinks and cap toes, which you love so much?

Good question.

14. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

We went with a button down chambray shirt with our logo on it. I considered self-tie bow ties at first but I really want to convey the image of casual at our place.

For the first month we opened, I wore all my suits to work, as that was all I knew and was comfortable with. But I really believe that, in our environment, it simply isn't the image I want to project. Dressing well is important, as always, but chalk stripes on the owner is, IMHO, a little intimidating.

For some reason, I thought the servers at Domaine Hudson were wearing dress shirts and ties. Shouldn't the owner be just as well dressed?

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Tom: "It's been almost 2 months since I wore a tie"
    Everybody: "Congratulations, Tom."
    Tom: "and the same time since I wore cufflinks."
    Mediator: "So how do you feel about this?"
    Tom: "As much as I absolutely, positively DO NOT miss the corporate business world, I do miss dressing for it."
    Mediator: "You have to confront this feeling. Do you ever have bad dreams?"
    Tom: "I hear whispers from my suits, ties, cufflinks, suede cap toes saying 'we miss you, come back'."