Itinerant Hong Kong Tailors...In General?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JLibourel, Nov 13, 2004.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

There has been a lot on this board about W.W. Chan, especially of late with their US tour in progress. Occasionally, Raja Fashion comes up. Other than that he's supposed to be a "hard sell" operation, I have never been really able to determine whether his suits are good, bad or indifferent for the prices asked. I am similarly agnostic about Noble House beyond being aware of their existence and having visited their website. Just saw some positive comment about Hemrajani but couldn't access their website. Anyway, I would be interested to know more about people's experience with the latter three tailoring firms. Are there any similar outfits that tour the USA? And how good are they?

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

I was very impressed by Kai's WW Chan suit. I wasn't impressed by the suit someone else posted made by either Noble House or Hemrajani, can't remember which. I'm inclined to say that WW Chan will give you a high-quality suit at a decent price, and that quality is more assured than from Noble House or Hemrajani, where you will have to play a larger part in quality control.

Of course, that's just my guess based on people's posts and reviews. I could be very wrong.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I'm waiting for a suit from Raja, and will post pics as soon as it arrives, in 2-3 weeks. No experience with the others.