• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italo ferretti ties

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Ferretti tie a year or so ago on ebay and have been unable to find this excellent maker anywhere else. Are they not sold in America?

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I once purchased one from Ashford. I have not been able to find Ferretti ties for over a year now. I believe that Italo Ferretti(the person) started Santosetfano, which made ties under the Italo Ferretti and Santostefano names. Santostefano licensed the Brioni name, then made ties labeled "Brioni," and also made ties under the SaBri name(Santostefano + Brioni). SaBri used to have a web site http://sabri.santostefano.it, which is no longer up. This makes me believe that Brioni swallowed Santostefano, making it part of the Brioni group.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I own ties by Brioni and Italo Ferretti; they are virtually identical in every aspect - construction, interlining, etc. Brioni ties can be found at many places, and finding what is the same as an Italo Ferretti would be easy for you since you are in New York.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once purchased one from Ashford. Â I have not been able to find Ferretti ties for over a year now. Â I believe that Italo Ferretti(the person) started Santosetfano, which made ties under the Italo Ferretti and Santostefano names. Â Santostefano licensed the Brioni name, then made ties labeled "Brioni," and also made ties under the SaBri name(Santostefano + Brioni). Â SaBri used to have a web site http://sabri.santostefano.it, which is no longer up. Â This makes me believe that Brioni swallowed Santostefano, making it part of the Brioni group.
Thanks very much for the clarification. I had my suspicions which are now confirmed. Does Burini still make Brioni shirts?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I remember chatting with a Brioni salesman a while back, and he was bemoaning the fact that the overcoats, which used to be made by Hetterbritz (sp?)--and were phenomenal, had changed to Sforza.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last Friday I walked into the Pedro Muñoz boutique looking for a pair of trousers and ended up looking at ties, and I suddenly found a design I just loved. The problem was that it came in different colours, and I could not make up my mind. In the end, I bought two of them (one brown, one kind of violet/mauve).
Today I am wearing one of them for the first time, and I really like the knot it makes. A really nice tie.
It is by Italo Ferretti, and I asked the salesperson about it, because I had never seen this brand before (and they had loads of Ferretti ties in the shop). He said that it was a good brand and that they actually also made ties for Brioni. Now, I also saw some Brioni ties and they were about 30-40% more expensive.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We carry Italo Ferretti ties in our store. They are also under the SantoStefano label in some store. They used to make Brioni ties but as of 3 seasons ago Brioni switched. Now Brioni uses another factory that is not quite as nice which i believe is the same make as Zegna ties but brioni hasn't confirmed the maker.

Italo was always a little brighter with some nice patterns that were very unique to them. They make one of the nicer ties out there and at $140 they are hard to beat pricewise.

Felix Krull

Reaction score
I fell in love with Ferretti ties the first time I wore one. The silk is exquisite, the construction superb, and the features are magnificent. When you handle one you can clearly tell it is a notch above Breuer, Altea, etc.

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Louis Everard in Washington, DC justed added Italo Ferretti ties to his offerings.

doctorj!

Reaction score
Sams in Livingston, NJ has them. I own one that is pretty wild.

gary franzen

Reaction score
Please check my website garyfranzen.com I carry the Italo Ferretti line of ties. GF

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads