• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian Suit Warehouse in Midtown Manhattan

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horowitz
So for BB, can I expect a pretty good fit? The last thing I want is my suit to look baggy like their shirts. Also, would it be on the 400-500 range, and would they be able to take measurements and make adjustments right there?

Ask the SA to give you their slimmest cut suit after which they will tailor it to fit you the way you want it.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
yeah those place sell suits with close to designer names like Gaf Rimons, or Pegna
or something stupid like that.

i'd just go to menswarehouse and during the buy 1 get 1 free sales pick up a hickey freman suit for $500.

at least that way you get a good entry level suit(although not one of the better entry level suits) for the price of a garbage suit from macys or something.

MW has HF suits?
eh.gif

Anyway, Brooks bros has some slimmer fitting suits that MAY fit you off the rack. You should go ASAP so you can get it tailored to fit you.

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
MW has HF suits?
eh.gif

Anyway, Brooks bros has some slimmer fitting suits that MAY fit you off the rack. You should go ASAP so you can get it tailored to fit you.

yeah they even carry some tuxedos, the one near me already has tail coat equipped tuxedos
riding the wedding hype

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/...1_?cm_vc=40159

horowitz

Reaction score
Also what's this Friends & Family 25% discount? Isn't this only on special dates? Can I just literally go and ask for it?

Tano

Reaction score
I have purchased 2 suits from "the italic suit warehouse" from eBay. They were both mid to high end and genuine for ~$100. These suits were 2nd hand and about 10-20 years old.

Grenadier

Reaction score
Also what's this Friends & Family 25% discount? Isn't this only on special dates? Can I just literally go and ask for it?

If you ask for it, they will give it to you. It's a sale they have 2-3 times a year that is ostensibly for their best customers, although anyone who comes in will get it. I think the sale begins Thursday and runs through Sunday.

You will pay a bit more at Brooks Brothers, but the alterations are usually free or nearly free. In this case, you might have to pay a rush fee. I think with the Friends and Family discount it would come to $700 for a solid navy or charcoal. But you will be getting a far better suit than you will from any of the other options given in this thread. The suit will last a long time and be appropriate for whatever occasion might come up. Just because you don't think you need a good suit doesn't mean you won't next week.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Good for them
smile.gif
I heard they are going to start carrying AE's as well

Depending on the Mens Wearhouse branch, they can actually carry some decent brands. Some carry Zegna, Allen Edmonds are extremely common, and Hickey Freeman as well. MW isn't as totally terrible as people make it out to be on here, if you know which brands are good and go during a sale I don't see the problem. Their tailors are quite skilled as well the majority of the time if you need any alterations done. Quite cheap, too, if you bought the item from them.

951socal

Reaction score
^^ you can thrift brooks bros rather eaisly.

I found a few mainline brooks bros suits forabout $100 in thrifts.

golden fleece stuff is around there and made by martin greenfield much like band of outsiders and rag and bone, as well as the line under his own name, if it says tailored in USA

and i belive the made in italy stuff is caruso?
so its not bad considering what you pay, then another $100 or so in alterations you're wearing a $2500 suit for $200

Artking3

Reaction score
If it sounds too good to be true, it likely isn't.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and before you go to brooks brothers, make sure to buy BB gift card from me, I didn't put it up here yet, but I have $200 and $700 one.

Troilus

Reaction score
My interview is next Monday.

Wait, is your interview in 5 DAYS?

If this is correct, you need to completely change course. A nice suit needs to be tailored--sleeves shortened, jacket taken in, pants cuffed, etc. Unless you already have a tailor where you can jump to the front of the line, the wait time is generally weeks, especially in Manhattan (the free alterations at 346 Madison, IIRC, took three weeks when I did it last year).

You may want to start another thread about how to get a nice suit in three days. I'm guessing you may need to go the suit separate route (Banana Republic, etc.), though I don't know.

Hi,

There's this Italian suit warehouse in midtown Manhattan at the corner of 48th St and 2nd Ave. They advertise 3 suits for $500. I wanted to see if anyone knows about this place or has at least seen it, and any possible advice on it.

As to your original question, the suits from those stores are terrible. The fabric is basically polyester, and the craftmanship is atrocious. Please, do not commit that much money to a foolish purchase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads