• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Italian suit manufacturers

Triarii2017

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Wondering if anyone can help with some high-level Italian and/or French manufacturers or tailoring houses for MTM third-party and private label brands. I’m looking to upgrade my current offerings. As of today my 2-piece suits for men & women are entirely handmade, full canvassed, and used with reputable mills (VBC, LP, Ariston, etc) but made in India, by way of a European firm.

The issue is that some of the workmanship leaves a bit to be desired and has not been able to be rectified. I know of the usual suspects such as Adrian Jules (USA), Southwick (USA), Martin Greenfield (USA), Red Collar (China), Lambton (UK) but none can offer the level of workmanship and/or customization I require.

My thoughts are that the Italians can offer the softer style I usually offer and nobody finishes garments like the French — probably due to their roots in haute couture. Plus, I really don’t like offering something made in India. It kind of dispels any of the legitimacy I like to offer my clients.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not in the trade, but Belvest is highly regarded
in this forum and it manufactures for many retailers.
Personally, I own several Belvest suits and sport coats
from different retailers but in similar cuts. I am very
happy with them.

Triarii2017

Reaction score
happy with them.
I know several people who swear by Belvest. I also know they are highly regarded on this forum. Thanks for the suggestion. I only wonder if they offer single orders for MTM or if they are strictly RTW for retail shops. I am a by-appointment only operation and don't carry any RTW/retail stuff. I'll still give them a shout.

aristoi bcn

Reaction score
Caruso. Flexible in style.

Scuderi. Roman style.

Edesim. Neapolitan style.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your best bet would have been to go to Pitti Uomo to speak to the manufacturers themselves.

However off the top of my head: Belvest, Corneliani, Caruso, Lardini, Cantarelli, Boglioli, Isaia, Ernesto (G. Bommezzadri & C.sas), Tombolini, Lubiam, Scuderi, Zegna...

I could go on but I think that's enough.

Many of the above are approachable and friendly to small scale operations whereas some are certainly not. Obviously each supplier also have their T&Cs, and there are minimum order values, some high some low.

Many of them will also make to varying degrees of quality, depending on your desired price point.

Triarii2017

Reaction score
Your best bet would have been to go to Pitti Uomo to speak to the manufacturers themselves.

However off the top of my head: Belvest, Corneliani, Caruso, Lardini, Cantarelli, Boglioli, Isaia, Ernesto (G. Bommezzadri & C.sas), Tombolini, Lubiam, Scuderi, Zegna...

I could go on but I think that's enough.

Many of the above are approachable and friendly to small scale operations whereas some are certainly not. Obviously each supplier also have their T&Cs, and there are minimum order values, some high some low.

Many of them will also make to varying degrees of quality, depending on your desired price point.
I am familiar with most of these listed above however, I am a one-man CMT operation that does not have a retail shop. Most of the big guys require me to carry a specific number o RTW items (usually 20-25) each season. I am needing a manufacturer that specializes in small-scale CMT operations that do not require any RTW inventory.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For that then you really need to talk to them directly, hence the suggestion of Pitti Uomo (although only four or five companies ever really go).

I don't know how much luck you'll get with them to be honest...Some of them quite simply just say no as soon as they hear small scale proposals.

Stilig

Reaction score
I think the solution to your problem is contacting Munro. It's a dutch company that offers exactly what you're asking for. They have different factories, and different levels of make. They offer everything from made in China half canvas to completely handmade in Naples. No problems with single orders and a tried and tested company with good logistics.

Triarii2017

Reaction score
I think the solution to your problem is contacting Munro. It's a dutch company that offers exactly what you're asking for. They have different factories, and different levels of make. They offer everything from made in China half canvas to completely handmade in Naples. No problems with single orders and a tried and tested company with good logistics.
That does sound like what I'm looking for! Thanks for the very helpful info. I'll give them a shout.

CosCos

Reaction score
Hi everybody. We are an italian artisanal Company. We produce MTM suit and we are searching new retailers. We accept CMT and private label. We don't have MOQ.
Write me MP if you are interested in our Project.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
happy with them.
Ditto. Exceptional price/quality

Also consider Castagna. They make (Made) RTW
for Battistoni. I have a jacket that is very high quality
from them (Battistoni)

apara785

Reaction score
I cannot really help with manufacturers but I am looking to start a similar business and I would love to connect with you regarding your business.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.