• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian suit blowout - Paul Stuart, Belvest, Isaia, MTMs, RLBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New job requires suits way less often than in the past, so I'm paring down the closet. The below are all in great to perfect condition. Keep in mind that all of them (except the NWT Belvest) have working button cuffs. For general reference, I am 5'11, somewhat slim at about 165 lbs depending on the day.

Prices include CONUS shipping. Happy to make deals on combined purchases.

1) Paul Stuart suit, Blue-grayish with subtle plaid. Tagged size 38R.
100% wool. Year-round weight. Double vented jacket, 2 button stance, ticket pocket, cool blue lining, working button cuffs, flat front pants with side button adjusters currently hemmed with 2" cuffs.
This is a great slim fit with semi-structured shoulders that I rarely wore because it was just too slim for me, particularly in the shoulders ( I am best fit for a 38-40 with softer shoulders). Made in Canada (I believe by Samuelsohn). Internal tag marked "Alton sample suit".
Jacket measurements: Chest: 20", Shoulders: 17.5", Waist: 18.5", Length from bottom of collar: 31", Sleeve: 25.25"
Pants measurements: Waist: 16", Rise: 13", Thigh: 12", Knee: 10", Leg opening: 9", Inseam length: 30.5" with 2" cuffs
(Note: Rise measurements taken from front top waist down to the natural "seat" - taking to the crotch seams would cut off a few " in that measurement - pants actually slim and are not as baggy as indicated by the Rise.)
$280
IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

2) SOLD Ralph Lauren Black Label RLBL suit. Dark navy pinstripe. Tagged size 40R drop 7
100% wool. Year-round weight. Double vented jacket, 2 button stance, working button cuffs, flat front pants with side adjusters.
Jacket measurements: Chest: 21", Shoulders: 18", Waist: 19.5", Length from bottom of collar: 30", Sleeve: 25"
Pants measurements: Waist: 16.5", Rise: 12.5", Thigh: 12.75", Knee: 9.5", Leg opening: 8.5", Inseam length: 32" finished plain bottom with maybe 1" underneath.
(Note: Rise measurements taken from front top waist down to the natural "seat" - taking to the crotch seams would cut off a few " in that measurement - pants actually slim and are not as baggy as indicated by the Rise.)
SOLD
IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

3) Isaia Napoli Base S suit. Gray pinstripe. Tagged size EU50 drop 8
100% Super 160's wool. Year-round weight. Double vented jacket, 2 button stance, Cool lavender lining, working button cuffs, flat front pants currently hemmed with 2" cuffs..
Excellent condition - purchased one year ago and worn very sparingly (4-5 times maybe?)
Jacket measurements: Chest: 21", Shoulders: 18.5", Waist: 19", Length from bottom of collar: 30", Sleeve: 25.25"
Pants measurements: Waist: 16.5", Rise: 13", Thigh: 12.75", Knee: 9.75", Leg opening: 8.5", Inseam length: 31.5" finished with 2" cuffs.
SOLD
IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

4) Brand new with tags Belvest for Wilkes Bashford suit. Tagged size for jacket is EU50 drop 7, pants are EU50 drop 6
Kind of a brownish donegal/ birdseye. NOT tweed like - very soft wool would almost guess there's a hint of cashmere in it if not for the tag.
100% wool with soft flannel nap. Double vented jacket, 3 roll 2 button stance, unfinished cuffs (includes buttons) , flat front pants currently unhemmed.
Jacket measurements: Chest: 21.5", Shoulders: 18.25", Waist: 20", Length from bottom of collar: 30.75", Sleeve: 25.25"
Pants measurements: Waist: 17", Rise: 12", Thigh: 12.5", Knee: 10", Leg opening: 9", Inseam length: 39" unfinished
SOLD
IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

5) Solid navy MTM suit I had made by one of the traveling HK tailors. Fit is very similar to the above suits in general. Best for a slim-fit 38-40.
100% wool. Year-round weight. Double vented jacket, 3 roll 2.5 button stance, burgundy lining working button cuffs, flat front pants currently hemmed with 2" cuffs..
Excellent condition - purchased in Winter 2010 and worn very sparingly
Jacket measurements: Chest: 21", Shoulders: 18.5", Waist: 18.5", Length from bottom of collar: 30.5", Sleeve: 25.25"
Pants measurements: Waist: 16.5", Rise: 12.5", Thigh: 12", Knee: 9.75", Leg opening: 8.5", Inseam length: 31.5" finished with 2" cuffs.
SOLD
IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

6) Flannel Dark Charcoal pinstripe MTM suit I had made by one of the traveling HK tailors. Fit is very similar to the above suits in general. Best for a slim-fit 38-40.
100% wool flannel nap. More structured RLBL style shoulders, Double vented jacket, 3 roll 2.5 button stance, ticket pocket, working button cuffs, cool lavender lining, flat front pants currently hemmed with 2" cuffs..
Excellent condition - worn very sparingly
Jacket measurements: Chest: 20.75", Shoulders: 18.5", Waist: 18.5", Length from bottom of collar: 29.25", Sleeve: 25.25"
Pants measurements: Waist: 16.5", Rise: 12", Thigh: 12", Knee: 9.75", Leg opening: 8.5", Inseam length: 32" finished with 2" cuffs.

SOLD
IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4249.jpg
    IMG_4249.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

jmcooper24

Reaction score
I have suit #4, the Belvest for Wilkes Bashford, and it's stunning. I get tons of compliments on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics