• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian Store/Brand Question

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen several threads on here about a particular chain of stores in italy that I believe someone called the Italian Brooks Brothers. They have a website, but no e-commerce, only pdf's of their catalog. Clothing was affordable.

The clothing as i remember it was quite English looking, but i cannot remember exactly.

A guy in my office is going for two weeks and i wanted him to stop in for me.

Thanks for any help.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's it. Hmmmm... now what to have him get.... ha.

WN2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra
A guy in my office is going for two weeks and i wanted him to stop in for me.

Thanks for any help.

Where is he going to? I just returned from Rome and at least the Boggi store there was really small and the one at the Fiumicino airport only slightly larger and carried mostly shirts.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was going to post this under a new thread entitled "Jon's Shopping Adventure in Roma", but I might as well mention it here:

Boggi really is the Italian Brooks Brothers. Imagine a BB store, with BB prices (or equivalent at Euros), but Italian, so its suits are cut in the Napoli style, the shirts are purely Italian, with better cuts and patterns, plus the cotton and details are definitely better.

At the same time, they only had a few 14.5 (37) size shirts and they would NOT let me try one on! I went to the Brioni flagship about 3 hours before and they let me try on tons of clothing articles, but somehow the saleswoman at Boggi would not let me try on a shirt. She was willing to measure me, but not let me try it on. Suffice to say, as much as I liked their wears, I was not going to buy anything without trying it on.

Regarding the Roma store: yes, it's small, but rather well stocked (including some fantastic looking double breast suits and jackets) and I think perfect for the amount of business they get. Unlike most Brooks Brothers with can look rather Spartan, this store looked like it was full of merchandise, yet with the 2nd floor, is big enough for a customer to move around. Again, one cannot compare store size to BB, given space factors, name recognition and sales volumes of each respective brand, etc...

If you find an item at Boggi that you like, and they let you try it on, I personally wouldn't hesitate twice about purchasing it.

Jon.

dwjm3

Reaction score
I see Boggi will be opening a store in Chicago within the year as part of the new block 37 development.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics