• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian RTW - What Are My Options?

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Is there a company that makes Italian styled RTW clothing, specifically sport coats, in the price range of Charles Tyrwhitt or Brooks Brothers? I'm not sure what my options are and my research hasn't turned up anything aside from the obvious, but I'm sure there are some well known brands that specialize in this type of tailoring. Any suggestions, or am I just making a very obvious mistake and forgetting some extremely well known option?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boggi is exactly what you are looking for, they just don't have much of an internet presence.

spitfirees20

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Are there any other brands out that have higher armholes and a decent amount of waist suppression? Everything that I've found that fits this description is unfortunately garbage in both materials and construction. I'd like to spend around $400 - $600, but I'm flexible if it's what I'm looking for.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's unfortunate. Are there any other brands out that have higher armholes and a decent amount of waist suppression? Everything that I've found that fits this description is unfortunately garbage in both materials and construction. I'd like to spend around $400 - $600, but I'm flexible if it's what I'm looking for.

So to paraphrase, you are asking if it's possible to buy quality, stylish clothing with little money?

spitfirees20

Reaction score

So to paraphrase, you are asking if it's possible to buy quality, stylish clothing with little money?

That's not what I said at all. I'm not a fool, and I know you have to choose two when it comes to quality, style, and lower prices. Something like J Crew in terms of quality would be fine, and I know they make "stylish" clothing for little money, unfortunately it's not the style I'm looking for (the skinny lapels and button stance just don't appeal to me, not to mention the shoulders). Like I said, $400 - $600 is what I'm looking to spend, but I'm not opposed to spending more if it's what I'm looking for. Then again, if I was going to spend much more I would just go for more MTM, which isn't what I'm looking for right now.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are having a hard time finding what you search because it does not exist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads