• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian MTM/Bespoke shirts in London ?

t.bloom

Reaction score
Hello,
I use exclusively T&A bespoke shirts, they were the first and only bespoke shirtmaker I ever used. Recently I bought online few Italian ready to wear shirts (Kiton, Finamore), and I have to admit I fall in love in their style and light fusing. So I'm looking for Italian MTM/bespoke shirt services availably in London. I'm based in Eastern Europe and I travel 3-4 times a year to London to commission my suits and shoes. I don't have time to travel to Italy and I would like to incorporate shirt making relationship (process) into the London trip. I would prefer bespoke, but I can also try MTM. I read somewhere that Finamore does MTM, but I can't find any information about that on their page. And what about some smaller artisans traveling to London? Could you help me guys?

Camerashy

Reaction score
Apposta are Italian made shirts but I’m sure have a base in London where you can get measured
They have a London Contact telephone number on their website
Have used them a few times and they have nice fabrics and quality finish
Apposta.com

t.bloom

Reaction score
I checked the calendar at Permanent Style and it's almost empty. I assume it's because of the virus and as things will normalize, Avitabile and Abbarchi will visit London. I'm generally looking for very high quality and attention to the detail. I never heard about Apposta, but they sell shirts for 100 euro. Maybe I'm wrong, but if price is too much interesting, then it is the product that is not. One of the options I though about is Kiton's MTM service, they have a boutique in London, and their RTW are pretty high quality.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the price of 5 Kiton MTM shirts I'm sure many neapolitan shirtmakers wouldn't mind to travel to Eastern Europe to take your measurements, go back with the fitting shirt to make the corrections and send over the final product.

t.bloom

Reaction score
For the price of 5 Kiton MTM shirts I'm sure many neapolitan shirtmakers wouldn't mind to travel to Eastern Europe to take your measurements, go back with the fitting shirt to make the corrections and send over the final product.
Who are you thinking about? I ask, because I'm not familiar with Italian/Neapolitan shirtmakers.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who are you thinking about? I ask, because I'm not familiar with Italian/Neapolitan shirtmakers.

Golia (my shirtmaker), Merolla, both Piccolo, Esposito, Luca Avitabile, D'Avino, Lombardi...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads