• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian made Polos and Bexleys vs C&J fit?

jooohan

Reaction score
I don't know if it's approperiate to make the first post a question, but I really need help and have'nt found anything when i used the search.

I need a new pair of (black) chelseas, I have the C&J chelsea in 7.5 UK, E width. They fit perfectly and I would like the same fit in the new ones, iam considering Polo Astor or the Bexley Whitehall.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2173006.../men/s/10.html

or these

http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/shoe-Wh...Referrer=13606

Does anyone own any of the boots above and know how they fit compared to C&J:s chelseas?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jooohan
I don't know if it's approperiate to make the first post a question, but I really need help and have'nt found anything when i used the search.

I need a new pair of (black) chelseas, I have the C&J chelsea in 7.5 UK, E width. They fit perfectly and I would like the same fit in the new ones, iam considering Polo Astor or the Bexley Whitehall.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2173006.../men/s/10.html

or these

http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/shoe-Wh...Referrer=13606

Does anyone own any of the boots above and know how they fit compared to C&J:s chelseas?

This US 8.5D should fit you well and check out the price?
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-POLO-RALPH-L...713.m153.l1262

jooohan

Reaction score
Thank you for your fast reply!

So you mean i should go up a whole size? Is this the same with all Polo shoes compared to C&J?

Does anyone knows anything about the Bexleys?

/Thanks

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows anything about the Bexleys?
They're good shoes and a very good quality-price ratio, but I doubt they are Italian-made. India seems like a safer bet.

I have never tried a pair so I cannot say anything about their fit.

jooohan

Reaction score
Someone else who has tried a pair? And should i jump to 8,5 US if i have 7,5 UK in C&J Chelseas? Any thoughts?

jooohan

Reaction score
Still have'nt bought, but the answers and what i've found makes me confused.. The Polo astors semms pretty small in general, some people on the forum tried to sell their astors, claiming they are to small.

Should I maybe order a US size 9 if I have UK size 7,5 in C&J chelseas?

The last question about this, I promise..
confused.gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still have'nt bought, but the answers and what i've found makes me confused.. The Polo astors semms pretty small in general, some people on the forum tried to sell their astors, claiming they are to small.

Should I maybe order a US size 9 if I have UK size 7,5 in C&J chelseas?

The last question about this, I promise..
confused.gif

My 11.5D Astors fit like a 11.5D should.

jooohan

Reaction score
Thanks, then I'll guess the 8,5 is right for me
smile.gif

You have any experiences with Crockett and Jones shoes or boots?

rossi

Reaction score
Bexley is made in Morocco if I am not mistaken, and build quality is very good considering the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads