• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Italian) Jeans

Houdini

Reaction score
Hi!
I’m looking for some good italian jeans brands!! Can someone help me out?

Kudu08

Reaction score
Dont waste money on Italian jeans. Go Japanese .

Kudu08

Reaction score
Iron Heart , Momotaro, Samurai. I’ve owned a few pairs and would recommend Iron Heart -the best constructed jeans out there.

rwtc

Reaction score
I have had Brioni, Kiton, Borrelli, and Jacob Cohen jeans. HONESTLY, I can't tell any difference between those and my Banana Republic beaters, except that Italian jeans fit much more slim.

Personally, I wouldn't spend big money on jeans at all. Levi's / BR has many different fits. Go with one that fits you the best.

No matter how amazing Japanese jeans are, it'll still blow out at the crotch at more or less the same rate. The aforementioned Italian firms use high end Japanese fabrics for their denim, such as JC and Borrelli .....

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Japanese denim is considered the gold standard. Fit, as always, is a premium consideration. Odds are that the Italian brands use Japanese denim.

I’d recommend Blue in Green in SoHo.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ultimately, they're just jeans, so you'll want to find a pair that fits you best. Generally, people here (and on other forum boards) will recommend raw denim.

Personally, I think it's easier to think about this in terms of aesthetics, rather than county of origin or quality. Sometimes, what people call quality is mostly about aesthetics anyway.

Some of the Japanese brands mentioned in this thread specialize in very unique denim -- neppy weaves, very heavyweight denim, or some other unusual character. I tend to prefer Japanese denim myself. But some of those jeans are meant to be worn with things such as chambray shirts, flannels, and work boots. Again, I think it's best to pay closer attention to the look you're trying to create.

Most Italian jeans to me look too processed, too slick, and too vanilla. There are some exceptions, such as Circle of Friends (a Swedish brand but made in Italy). But I would generally avoid jeans that look like they're made to be worn with polo shirts.

If you want a pair of jeans you can wear with sport coats, Drake's, Levis Vintage Clothing (the 1947 501 model), and Orslow 107 can be good depending on your body type. They feature a slightly higher rise without being actual high-rise denim. The fit tends to pair better with a tailored jacket.

If you want a pair of jeans you can wear with flannels and boots, the world of raw denim is your oyster.

Depending on where you live, I would just stop by a specialty denim boutique and try on a few pairs. Tell them what you like and don't like about your jeans. My favorite denim store is Self Edge. They have a few locations throughout the US and one location in Mexico. Blue in Green is a good recommendation. Tons of other shops if you tell people your location.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads