• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Italian delivery teaser thread

someotherstyle

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
494
Reaction score
28
I just got a delivery in the mail, and am so pumped about it I had to post some teaser pics. 90/10 wool/cash, half lined, single vent, 3 patch pocket, horn buttons, surgeon cuffs, FF milled wool trou. Stoked! Feel free to comment, or post pics of your own in the same vein. Cheers! -MK
 

Yika

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
555
Reaction score
9
i was expecting to see
Lets see some fit pics !
 

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
47
why did you make the pics so tiny? Please re size so I can see them more easily. Thanks.

-LR
 

someotherstyle

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
494
Reaction score
28
Originally Posted by Yika
i was expecting to see



Lets see some fit pics !


soon soon. hence teaser.

Originally Posted by ljrcustom
why did you make the pics so tiny? Please re size so I can see them more easily. Thanks.

-LR


think that should be fixed, let me know if it's not.
 

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
47
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
soon soon. hence teaser.



think that should be fixed, let me know if it's not.



Much better now.

-LR
 

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
4,647
Reaction score
11,020
Wow! That is a bold windowpane. I just got a windowpane suit (my first ever) in the mail yesterday, a score from the B&S forum. It needs some heavy tailoring, but I'm curious to see what shirts/ties to pair it with...I'm thinking of sticking with solids, since I don't have much experience with the fabric.
 

someotherstyle

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
494
Reaction score
28
Also posted in WAYWT. The pants still haven't come back from the tailor, but I couldn't resist the call of the jacket. -MK
 

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
47
The jacket came out nicely. I like your shoes as well, would you mind sharing who makes them?

-LR
 

Lightbringer

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
459
Reaction score
1
The shoes are indeed awesome! I don't normally like the chest pocket being a patch, but this one looks surprisingly good. Who's the tailor?
 

someotherstyle

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
494
Reaction score
28
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
The jacket came out nicely. I like your shoes as well, would you mind sharing who makes them?

-LR


Originally Posted by Lightbringer
The shoes are indeed awesome! I don't normally like the chest pocket being a patch, but this one looks surprisingly good. Who's the tailor?

Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Nice jacket. I'm guessing the shoes are by Grenson?

Thanks to all the kind comments. FYI, the jacket and shoes are all firmly non-SF approved swag. Jacket is full canvas, but I can't divulge by who (seriously or my privileges will be cut). Shoes are not grenson, they are, in fact, Prada

-MK
 

someotherstyle

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
494
Reaction score
28
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Wow! That is a bold windowpane. I just got a windowpane suit (my first ever) in the mail yesterday, a score from the B&S forum. It needs some heavy tailoring, but I'm curious to see what shirts/ties to pair it with...I'm thinking of sticking with solids, since I don't have much experience with the fabric.

UC, you'll figure it out as you go along. Solids are easy (see what I wore). Next level will be chucking a striped shirt in there with a solid tie. Next, next level will be stipe shirt and paisley tie.

FYI, for the striped shirt I'd go small. And the paisley would be BIG.

-MK
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,085
Messages
9,191,392
Members
193,060
Latest member
donaldrenfroe

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top