• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iTailor - tried online mtm

clip

Reaction score
At the £18 price for a mtm white cotton shirt, I had to try it.

Ordered over Christmas, arrived today (from Thailand)- which give or take is the 6 weeks they claim.

You enter your measurements yourself, and there are some videos of the exact dimensions to take. I don't think I got them exactly right (made the length too short), and I chose :

No pocket, English cut-away collar, two-button cuffs. They offered free contrast fabrics and monogramming - I don't like the monograms, but I got some light blue contrast inner seams - mainly to be sure that I was getting a true mtm garment, rather than something off a very large rack.

Verdict:

Cotton feels fine. Overall construction and stitching is fine, there were a few stray threads, but nothing that was attached. The cut was a little snug - especially at the collar. The length was very short - but I rechecked the measurements I sent them, and I had given them too short.

The shirt felt quite good to wear all round and the quality of manufacture was pretty good - although the cuffs seems to be attached a little odd. That might be something that works itself out after some washing and ironing.

I'll order another one, add a half inch at the collar and a half inch to both the waist and chest - and about three inches to the length.

All in, the service seems good, you get a decent shirt with all the possible options you could want. White is £18, £23 for plain colours and £26 for patterns. For a mtm, I suppose you can't complain.

I'll do photos when I get round to it.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spam[1].gif

clip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
spam[1].gif

What a guy. What shall I do in future, genius? Not post? Only post negative reviews?

either/or

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
spam[1].gif

clip: 17 posts, 2 in this thread. Probably not spam. But maybe clip could change the title of the thread - eg. "online mtm" - so we/other users could share our experiences without being accused of being spammers? Personally I'm waiting for my first mtm-shirt from another online tailor - crossing my fingers, hoping I measured correctly
smile.gif
edit: looks like it is happening here. edit: nope, mostly "modern tailor". Still, much of the info applies. edit: moving over here
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics