1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

It Will Be Cold Soon - Let's Talk Coats

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Spencer Young, Sep 17, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Senior member

Would you **** me? I'd **** me.

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Would you **** me? I'd **** me.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told. "

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Based on your criterion (save for the first vis a vis the "colid" requirement) I think that these fit the bill but I think I have to agree that to really battle the chicago colds Tomasso is on the mark.

[​IMG]

I love this one. I just sent you an email actually. I just realized you specialize in littlepeoplewear, I am 6' with a 42" chest. Would it fit me or where would I find something larger?

4. charlief1975

charlief1975 Well-Known Member

I moved to Chicago from Miami....my coat collection was a thin leather jacket from the Gap...yeah that's all I had for a bit. I mananged until there were sales at Nordstrom. Nordstrom has a large selection of coats, if they are not there now they will have them out by Oct. 1st. Once the sales were on I found a great long coat that I love and a year a later a 3/4.

I'm always on the lookout for coat sales as you never know when prices may drop.

5. tiecollector

I also really like these penguin coats. I just recently bought some penguin cotton pants though and I washed them COLD water and didn't dry and the things shrunk 2" at least. I still need to take them back to off saks. Are the coats the same crappy quality? I want something fun that I can wear with anything, not necessarily over a suit for less than $500. I really want a plaid coat I think, british or italian.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Popsandfriends

Popsandfriends Well-Known Member

Where can i get that coat in 36-38?!!!

The one with the peak lapel a couple posts up

7. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Where can i get that coat in 36-38?!!!

The one with the peak lapel a couple posts up

Ummm...pretty sure that any double breasted overcoat (hence the peaked lapel) will give you that look if you wear it slung over your shoulders and open.

8. tiecollector

I also quite like this one, though it is out of my budget perhaps: [​IMG] Don't know if I could pull it off casually either. That striped jacket is from http://www.fourinhand.com/Product.as...oduct=PDF03-01 They have your size. Then, the perfect coat, but not my size! [​IMG]

9. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Obviously, this Gucci coat on Bluefly, at the low LOW price of 1500, is your best bet: [​IMG] You can hate me later. [​IMG]

10. fendirin

fendirin Member

i really like that top peacoat by penguin, the plaid one. i wonder how the fit is. anyone have experience with it?

11. tiecollector

I tried on the bottom penguin one at macy's. Fit me pretty nicely, from what i can remember from last year. Penguin fits nice but those pants really made me angry with how they shrunk. I'll have to make a trip to the large macy's in san francisco to see what they have.

12. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I love the understated elegance of this Magnoli coat. (Picture links.) [​IMG]

13. jmh

jmh Active Member

I love the understated elegance of this Magnoli coat. (Picture links.)

[​IMG]

The coat is beautiful. And the price seems too good to be true.

Does anyone have any experience with Magnoli? How is their stuff?

14. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

Is someone paying you by the post or do you just live in very dark and lonely place with a Buffalo Bill-like alter to Ciro and Massimo. Should they be afraid? I am.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Who is this Buffalo Bill? Is he an artisan as well? If my memory serves me correctly, I have a vague recollection of hand work in his oeuvre.

15. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Who is this Buffalo Bill? Is he an artisan as well? If my memory serves me correctly, I have a vague recollection of hand work in his oeuvre.

How many humps have you skinned today?[​IMG]

16. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

The coat is beautiful. And the price seems too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with Magnoli? How is their stuff?
    Everyone at Fedora Lounge thinks he's excellent.

17. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Cool weather can't come soon enough. Filene's Basement has cashmere overcoats for Italy for $400, and there are the outlet malls also with good coats.

18. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

You mean from Italy?

19. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I believe he is a couturier. He is a real artisan fan who works for himself.

20. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I saw a lot of nice Corneliani overcoats at the C21 in Paramus. I'm probably going to go pick one up from there in a month or so if they're still available. IIRC they were about $400 or so.