1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

it was nicky's time to go

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Cliff

Cliff Senior member

Never occured to her to put the dogs in the basement ? Nah....let's traumatize the kid instead. With any amount of luck, she won't breed again.

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Another reason to license people before they can become parents. (And I'm only being partially facetious.)

3. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I am hoping that this is a bad attampt at humor.

If not then I am afraid that the police shot the wrong b*tch.

(Can someone explain to me why no charges have been filed?)

Sick sick story.

4. pejsek

pejsek Senior member

Yes, as a San Franciscan I'll admit it is pretty reprehensible--though not particularly surprising given our provincial pathologies. Actually the whole thing is even more sordid than you might guess based on that account. It seems the mother not only knew that the female was in heat and the dogs had been attempting to mate, but the male had actually attacked and bit the boy previously that day. And yet still she put him in the basement with the shovel against the door(.) and snacks and video games to keep him busy while she went out. Until the details came out I had been inclined to allow the mother whatever form of solace she could have come up with for herself, but really how could you leave your child like this within the grasp of aggressive dogs who had already shown a will to attack that very day. Involuntary manslaughter seems like the proper charge, though I would be surprised if the DA files any serious charges at all. I believe she is wary of offending our rabid dog advocacy community (and this is the same DA who refused to even consider the death penalty for the murder of a police officer in the line of duty).
    Hell in a handbasket, I guess. This is not your parents' San Francisco.