1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

It is the sock the new tie ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by max b, Oct 22, 2012.

1. max b

max b Senior member

Long time I'm not on StyleForum. Maybe the matter has been already discussed and I missed it, but I see from the request we have from all the brands we are cooperating, socks have a new life. It seems it's happening what happened to the ties in the '80, when all the major brands had a hudge collection of ties because it was the trend.
    Now all the brands want to have a large socks collection in their selection. Maybe because people is wearing less ties (really sorry for our tie makers friends) and the touch of colour is brought by socks...

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Very true in some places, especially the tech industry in California. There are a lot of casual workplaces, and socks are a way to add color where a tie would be severely out of place.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

That's probably not the only reason. There have been some advancements in sock fabrics, which likely includes an ability to handle some colors better.