• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

issues with sneezing...

Anamoly

Reaction score
Anyone else get annoyed by sneezing. I for one sneeze very infrequently.

Whenever someone sneezes, I feel like they are spewing their bacteria all up in my personal space. And I think: why can’t these people control themselves physically? I think, 95% of people are not sneezing at this moment so why must you? I get annoyed that the slightest scent of cat hair two miles off or the barest change in air temperture on the bus or something causes these people to loose control of their bodily functions and cascade snot and diseased microbes all into the air...

is something wrong with me?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes... sneezing is involountary. Do you really think people WANT to "[spew] their bacteria all up in [your] personal space"? Get over yourself, you're not THAT special
rolleyes.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, it annoys me too, but mainly because people usually either don't cover their mouth at all, or use their hand then go right back to using that hand to touch all kinds of public stuff.

People don't know how to keep from sneezing (pushing the end of your nose usually works), or even how to properly cover their mouth with their elbow. I think there should be a public service announcement campaign to teach people some of this stupid stuff that they should have known since they were three.

I have one formulating on "how to cross the street" as well, because 95% of people (esp. from suburbia) have no clue, and make it dangerous for themselves and others.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
Anyone else get annoyed by sneezing. I for one sneeze very infrequently.

Whenever someone sneezes, I feel like they are spewing their bacteria all up in my personal space. And I think: why can't these people control themselves physically? I think, 95% of people are not sneezing at this moment so why must you? I get annoyed that the slightest scent of cat hair two miles off or the barest change in air temperture on the bus or something causes these people to loose control of their bodily functions and cascade snot and diseased microbes all into the air...

is something wrong with me?

Yes. You are a douche.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I have one formulating on "how to cross the street" as well, because 95% of people (esp. from suburbia) have no clue, and make it dangerous for themselves and others.
NOW i'm interested!
marchal.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You're probably a 5%er.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I've never seen this.
Most commonly found in hospitals, medical offices, etc.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
maybe i have it wrong, but... car coming = ipod + cell phone + chewing gum + check watch, then GO!
Basically, yes. Also, when talking on the phone, be sure to stand right near the crosswalk on the sidewalk so people are unsure whether to slow down for you, thus making the person on the other side who actually is crossing harder to notice, etc.

Anamoly

Reaction score
I dont see the dilemma. If the red hand is up than people cant walk, if the white walking guy is light up than they can walk. Also these coincide with the traffic signals. Whats the difference how close he stands to the curb?

Lets move this to something that really bugs me: cell phone etiquette.

At first maybe it was a case of people catching up with technology and realizing they werent in their private homes so they shouldnt act like they were. Public places should be different than private places. People should be more considerate in public -- of course they can yell on their phones till they get blue balls in their homes for all i care. But its not getting better, its getting worse. Everyone knows its rude to do yet they continue unabated to give directions to someone while we all listen or engage in a “private” conversation whilst fifty complete strangers listen in.

These yell phoners actually have the nerve to think we -- the people who consider this rude -- are the rude ones who are eavesdropping on their world-shattering conversations.

We used to write letters and speak to each other face to face. Now we email, blog, text message, blackberry others. I think that technology while good has its down side and making people more connected seems to be making peole more rude also. So the general consensus now amongst yell phoners is: Im going to speak loudly on my cell in public and if you dont like it tough. Maybe we should designate special buses or train cars for people who want to babble on their cells so the rest of us can get some peace and quiet.

And its not just young people either, in fact the main culprits in my experience tend to be middle aged men and woman, business types who are the most rude.

Now, lest you think me to be insanely intolerant. I am not. If someone answers a call next to me at the bank and the wife asks him to pick up bread and milk, they chat for a minute and then hang up. Im ok with that.

And what about how people USE the cell phone. Like how they hold it to their ear when listening then shift it over to their mouth to speak as if in the year 2007 the microphone on these phones is too primitive to catch the briliiant words theyre spewing to somebody who probably isnt even listening in the first place. Or what about the phone that beeps a’la what construction foreman used to use on the job. Dude you collect the carts at albertsons you dont need this feature!?!

annnyway...

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sneeze a lot. Sometimes 5-6 times in a row. It's usually triggered by dust, some douchebag's cologne, or even sunlight (wtf?). I sneeze into my sleeve, or elbow. People who sneeze into the open, or on their hands are just idiots.

That's good one... controlling your body's involuntary actions. I bet your **** doesn't stink either, huh?
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads